The Power of Comparative History
- Power, Culture and Conflict in the Coalfields: West Virginia and South Wales, 1900-22. Arthur, Len // Capital & Class;Summer98, Vol. 20 Issue 65, p187
Reviews the book "Power, Culture and Conflict in the Coalfields: West Virginia and South Wales, 1900-22," by Roger Fagge.
- Book reviews. Lewis, Ronald L. // Journal of Southern History;Nov97, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p901
Reviews the book `Power, Culture and Conflict in the Coalfields: West Virginia and South Wales, 1900-1922,' by Roger Fagge.
- When Miners March. Burriss, Theresa L. // Appalachian Heritage;Summer2011, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p100
Reviews the book "When Miners March," by William C. Blizzard.
- The Lanarkshire Miners (Book Review). Laslett, John H.M. // American Historical Review;Dec80, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p1199
Reviews the book 'The Lanarkshire Miners: A Social History of Their Trade Unions, 1775â€“1874,' by Alan B. Campbell.
- Coal mine inspectors form union. // Coal Age;Sep96, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the formation of a union by West Virginia mine inspectors and safety instructors in the Office of Miners' Health and Safety Training, to lobby for a wage increase. Wage increase sought by the union; Amount of money made by state mine inspectors annually compared to those in...
- Coal Metropolis Cardiff (Book Review). Stead, Peter // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Autumn77, Issue 35, p86
Reviews the book "Coal Metropolis Cardiff 1870-1914," by M.J. Daunton.
- The Coalminers of New South Wales: A History of the Union, 1860-1960. VINING, STANLEY A. // Labour History;May1964, Issue 6, p66
The article reviews the book "The Coalminers of New South Wales: A History of the Union, 1860-1960," by R. A. Gollan.
- Interracial unionism, gender, and `social equality' in the Alabama coalfields, 1878-1908. Letwin, Daniel // Journal of Southern History;Aug95, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p518
Focuses on the trade union collaboration among black and white workers in Alabama coalfields from 1878 to 1908. Factors that prompted interracial unionism; Tensions between miners and operators of coalfields; Emergence of the Greenbackers, Miners' Trade Council (MTC) and the United Mine Workers...
- Union Power and New York (Book Review). Tolchin, Susan J.; Eubanks, Cecil L. // Journal of Politics;Feb86, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p196
Reviews the book 'Union Power and New York: Victor Gotbaum and District Council 37,' by Jewel Bellush and Bernard Bellush.