Set Free to Live Free: Breaking Through the 7 Lies Women Tell Themselves
- Chicago's 100 most influential women. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/30/96 Book of Lists, Vol. 19 Issue 53, p83
Presents the names of the most influential women in Chicago, Illinois.
- Old cricket says. // Cricket;Mar1996, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p64
Focuses on heroic women. Includes Charlotte and Emily Bronte; Jane Austen; Composer Fanny Mendelssohn; Painter Mary Cassat.
- Killer bimbos. Grenier, R. // Commentary;Sep91, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p50
Contends that women in today's films frequently alternate aspects of the `half woman, half tiger' and the female `role model.' Kathleen Turner's role in `V.I. Warshawski'; Jodie Foster's role in `Silence of the Lambs'; Movie `Sleeping with the Enemy'; `Thelma and Louise,' the most ambitious,...
- Why don't you... // Cosmopolitan;Mar1993, Vol. 214 Issue 3, p132
Presents a list of suggestions for women. Make a list of all the men you have ever slept with and rate them; Jump rope while watching television; Go for a whole weekend without wearing an ounce of makeup to let your skin breathe; Make your own pineapple vodka (instructions included); Toss out...
- No such thing as a man's job anymore. Perry, Betsy F.; Simmons, Lisa // Cosmopolitan;Mar1993, Vol. 214 Issue 3, p186
Profiles various women that hold traditional men's jobs. Pam Dirkzwager, welder; Bodybuilder Sharon Bruneau; Firefighter Celeste Fraizer; Telephone lineswoman Adelaide Fix-Fischer; Patti Ballaz, camerawoman; Flight instructor Tamra Rank; More.
- `Feminism' & the Catholic Church. // Commonweal;10/4/85, Vol. 112 Issue 18, p516
Editorial. Kudos to the National Conference of Catholic Bishops for recent, positive statements with diverse women on a proposed pastoral letter. But their singling out of the need to define a church role toward `secular feminism' has an ominousring--a hint of necessarily adverse relationship...
- Women's ministry to the American unchurched. // Commonweal;6/6/86, Vol. 113 Issue 11, p334
Women's ministry to the American unchurched should be considered in light of the increasingly problematic role of women in the church and the growing need to clarify the meaning of ministry in a changing church.
- Looking good at every age. Washington, E.B. // Essence (Essence);Jan1991, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p36
Profiles seven black women ranging in age from 31 to 94. They tell how they keep looking young through diet, exercise, and positive attitudes.
- Women in action. Gregory, Deborah // Essence (Essence);Jul93, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p30
Reports on the formation of bonds. Child's college education; Face value; Interests; Where to buy; Contact information.
- Ma'ssoum's tale: The personal and political transformations of a young Iranian `feminist' and her... Bauer, Janet // Feminist Studies;Fall93, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p519
Reflects on the personal and political change in Ma'ssoum's life story. As an 18-year-old psychology student; As a 20-year-old activist; Revolutionary transformation of Sanam to Ma'ssoum; As the exiled Sanam from Khayyam; Feminism and political context of exile; Stories from other Iranian...