Clinical Wisdom and Interventions in Acute and Critical Care: A Thinking-in- Action Approach
- SESSION 14: EDUCATION AND COMPETENCY: Technical, interpersonal and critical thinking competency assessment: a systemic approach. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p51
An abstract of the article "Technical, interpersonal and critical thinking competency assessment: a systemic approach," by Sabrina Egman and Santa Giammona is presented.
- Effect of the Essentials of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO) Program on the Development of Nurses' Critical Thinking Skills. Kaddoura, Mahmoud A. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Sep2010, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p424
It is essential for nurses to develop critical thinking skills to ensure their ability to provide safe and effective care to patients with complex and variable needs in ever-changing clinical environments. To date, very few studies have been conducted to examine how nursing orientation programs...
- ENHANCING KNOWLEDGE AND SELF-CONFIDENCE of Novice Nurses: The "SHADOW-A-NURSE" ICU Program. Messmer, Patricia R.; Jones, Sande Gracia; Taylor, Betty Ann // Nursing Education Perspectives (National League for Nursing);May/Jun2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p131
Describes an innovative internship program for novice nurses at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami, Florida, designed to help them develop critical thinking and mastery of complex knowledge in intensive care unit (ICU) nursing and critical care. Novice nurses are not confident in their ability...
- EB84 Creating a Unit-Based Journal Club Led by a Clinical Nurse. Heskin, Paul // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2014, Vol. 34 Issue 2, pe19
An abstract of the article "Creating a Unit-Based Journal Club Led by a Clinical Nurse," by Paul Heskin is presented.
- A supervisÃ£o como ferramenta gerencial para a produÃ§Ã£o do cuidado em UTI: uma reflexÃ£o do agir do enfermeiro. do Vale de Almeida, André Henrique; Conceição das Merces, Magno; Silva Servo, Maria Lúcia // Enfermagem Brasil;nov/dec2013, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p348
No abstract available.
- Preparation of Nurses Who Precept Baccalaureate Nursing Students: A Descriptive Study. Rogan, Elizabeth // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Dec2009, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p565
Clinical preceptorship is employed by baccalaureate nursing education programs as a capstone experience and a means of initiating the professional socialization of senior-level students who will shortly be new graduates. This quantitative, descriptive study explored the perceptions about...
- EB70 Heart Failure: Reducing Readmission Through Education and the Promotion of Critical Thinking Skills. // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, pe40
An abstract of the article "Heart Failure: Reducing Readmission Through Education and the Promotion of Critical Thinking Skills," by Deborah Clayton is presented.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Brown, Verlia; Janik, Barbara A.; Hodgson, Jeanne // RN;May75, Vol. 38 Issue 5, pICU14
Presents comments on articles related to intensive care unit (ICU) nursing. Orientation program for nurses who are to work in the ICU; Alternative activities of ICU nurses during slack days; Issue over the floating of staff nurses in the ICU.
- GUIDELINES FOR LASTING LEGACIES IN CRITICAL CARE NURSING. // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2002, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p12
Editorial. Discusses the elements of critical care nursing that are part of legacy to future generations of critical care nurses.