Finely crafted, rewarding poems from a Northern doctor
- No Apology. Shklanka, Karen // Descant (0382909X);Summer2007, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p29
Presents the poem "No Apology," by Karen Shklanka. First Line: We stand on the beach at Metchosin. Last Line: everywhere.
- Ceremonies for Despair. SHKLANKA, KAREN // Room;2013, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p68
The poem "Ceremonies for Despair," by Karen Shklanka is presented. First Line: A crow stands on the eaves trough; Last Line: think of him again.
- Moose Factory, the North, Good Sex. Shklanka, Karen // Descant (0382909X);Summer2007, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p30
Presents the poem "Moose Factory, the North, Good Sex," by Karen Shklanka. First Line: To keep myself comfortable, I used to insist; Last Line: the feeling you can go on forever.
- October 2: Moose Factory, Ontario. Shklanka, Karen // Arc Poetry Magazine;Summer2006, Issue 56, p71
Presents the poem "October 2: Moose Factory, Ontario," by Karen Shklanka. First Line: In orange and turquoise Goretex, duck boots, Last Line: Again we are the only living things.
- March 24: Moose Factory, Ontario. Shklanka, Karen // Arc Poetry Magazine;Summer2006, Issue 56, p72
Presents the poem "March 24: Moose Factory, Ontario," by Karen Shklanka. First Line: One afternoon at the hospital; Last Line: that falls through air light with geese.
- Story-tellers, myth-makers, truth-sayers. Hart, Henry // New England Review (10531297);Fall93, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p192
Reviews books by several poets. Includes `The Wild Iris,' by Louise Gluck; `The Blainville Testament,' by Sydney Lea; `Prayer for the Little City,' by Sydney Lea; `Unfinished Painting,' by Mary Jo Salter; `The Book of Gods and Devils,' by Charles Simic; `New and Collected Poems,' by Grace Paley.
- Betrayals of the tongue. Logan, William // New Criterion;Nov97, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p59
Reviews five poetry books. `Canaan,' by Geoffrey Hill; `The Errancy,' by Jorie Graham; `The Poems of J.V. Cunningham,' edited by Timothy Steele; `Tales from the Ovid,' by Ted Hughes; `The Collected Poems of Amy Clampitt.'
- Forecasts: Poetry. Brainard, Dulcy; Steinberg, Sybil S. // Publishers Weekly;1/27/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 4, p95
Presents briefs regarding poetry books coming up for publication in February and March 1997. `Inventions of the March Hare: Poems 1909-1917,' edited by Christopher Rick, featuring a collection of early T.S. Elliot poems; `A Selection of the Poems of Laura Riding,' by Robert Nye; `A Thing That...
- Gurus and gadflies. Marx, Bill // Parnassus: Poetry in Review;1993, Vol. 18/19 Issue 2/1, p100
Reviews books of poems by Central European writers. Includes `Canvas,' by Adam Zagajewski and translated by Reneta Gorczynski, Benjamin Ivry and C.K. Williams; `Provinces,' by Czeslaw Milosz and translated by the author and Robert Hass; `Vanishing Lung Syndrome,' by Miroslav Holub and...