Physical Education Teachers' Lives and Careers (Book)
- The Sociology of Sports Coaching. Gearity, Brian T. // Sociology of Sport Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p122
A review is presented of the book "The Sociology of Sports Coaching, edited by Robyn Jones, Paul Potrac, Chris Cushion and Tars Tore Ronglan.
- Carl Krï¿½mmel und die nationalsozialistische Leibeserziehung. Kr�ger, Arnd // Canadian Journal of History of Sport & Physical Education;Dec77, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p83
The article reviews the book "Carl Krï¿½mmel und die nationalsozialistische Leibeserziehung," by Horst Ueberhorst.
- Goals and Strategies for Teaching Physical Education. Schempp, Paul G. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1985, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p59
This article presents a review of the book "Goals and Strategies for Teaching Physical Education," by Donald R. Hellison.
- Physical Education Teaching Problems For Analysis and Solution (Book Review). // Education;Spring77, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p304
Physical Education Teaching Problems For Analysis and Solution. John H. Healey, and William A. Healey. Charles C Thomas Publisher, Springfield, Illinois, 1975. 182 pp. The book is intended for prospective and beginning physical education teachers, and for purposes of providing orientation to the...
- The Reflexive Physical Educator. Bengoechea, Enrique Garcia // McGill Journal of Education;Winter2007, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p157
The article reviews the book "The Reflexive Physical Educator," by Thomas G. Ryan.
- STRATEGIES FOR INCLUSION: A Handbook for physical educators. Bruce, Judy // Physical Educator - Journal of Physical Education New Zealand;Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p24
The article reviews the book "Strategies for Inclusion: A Handbook for Physical Educators," 2nd ed., by L. J. Lieberman and C. Houston-Wilson.
- Subject Expertise and Teachers' Knowledge. Schempp, Paul G.; Manross, Dean; Tan, Steven K.S.; Fincher, Matthew D. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1998, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p342
Examines the influence of subject matter expertise on the pedagogical content knowledge of physical education teachers. Definition of pedagogical content knowledge; Challenges in student motivation; Differences in curricular selection.
- A Study of the Collaborative Research Process: Shared Privilege and Shared Empowerment. Rovegno, Inez; Bandhauer, Dianna // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1998, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p357
Examines the collaborative research process between an elementary physical educator and a university researcher. Effect of collaboration on the teacher and researcher; Use of standard participant observation; Discussion of shared privilege and shared empowerment.
- Classroom Teachers Leisure Physical Activity and Their Conduct of Physical Education. McKenzie, Thomas L.; LaMaster, Kathryn J.; Sallis, James F.; Marshall, Simon J. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1999, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p126
Examines the leisure time physical activity of a classroom teacher. Application of a correlation analysis for the investigation; Confirmation of the active teachers teaching physical education.