- The Afghan Resistance. Ricks, Tom // New Republic;6/20/81, Vol. 184 Issue 25, p27
Reviews three books. "A Journey Through Afghanistan: A Memorial," by David Chaffetz; "The Struggle for Afghanistan," by Nancy Peabody Newell and Richard Newell; "Afghanistan," by Louis Dupree.
- The Struggle for Afghanistan (Book). Wallace, Ian M. // Library Journal;4/15/1981, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p870
Reviews the book 'The Struggle for Afghanistan,' by Nancy Peabody Newell and Richard S. Newell.
- Forecasts: Nonfiction. Stuttaford, Genevieve // Publishers Weekly;1/8/96, Vol. 243 Issue 2, p50
Reviews several nonfiction novels. Includes `Osler's Web: Inside the Labyrinth of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Epidemic,' by Hillary Johnson; `Phantom Illness: Shattering the Myth of Hypochondria,' by Carla Cantor with Brian A. Fallon; `The Ends of the Earth: A Journey at the Dawn of the 21st...
- Nutrition and Metabolism in the Surgical Patient, Second Edition. // Nutrition in Clinical Care;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p112
The use of hawthorn in the treatment of cardiac symptoms is well established in Europe. However, only a handful of randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind studies have been carried out, as is the case with many herbal products. Nevertheless, as interest in both the preventive and...
- The Studia Philonica Annual (Book). Brooke, George J. // Journal of Semitic Studies;Spring2002, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p181
Reviews the book 'The Studia Philonica Annual: Studies in Hellenistic Judaism, vol XII,' edited by David T. Runia and Gregory E. Sterling.
- Lock, stock, and barrel (Book Review). Fox, Korin // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/6/91, Vol. 303 Issue 6793, p66
Reviews the book 'Balancing Act: Essays to Honour Stephen Lock.'
- The Harvey Milk Institute to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Internet Research (Book). Imhof, Robin // Gay & Lesbian Review Worldwide;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p47
Reviews the book 'The Harvey Milk Institute Guide to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Internet Research,' edited by Allan Ellis, Liz Highleyman, Kevin Schaub and Melissa White.
- UNTERSUCHUNGEN ZUR GESCHICHTE DER FRUHEN INDUSTRIALISIERUNG VORNEHMLICH IM WIRTSCHAFTSRAUM BERLIN/BRANDENBUG (Book Review). Tilly, Richard // Central European History (Brill Academic Publishers);Sep75, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p282
Reviews the book 'Untersuchungen Zur Geschichte Der Fruhen Industrialisierung Vornehmlich Im Wirtschaftsraum Berlin/Branderburg,' edited by Otto Busch.
- NON-FICTION. Burnham, Clint; Barclay, Pat; Helwig, Maggie; Jiroens, Karl // Books in Canada;Summer92, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p58
Reviews non-fiction books. 'How to Play: The Theatre of James Reaney,' by Gerald Parker; 'Memories of a Governor-General's Daughter,' by Joan Michener Rohr with Terrence Heath; 'Stone Voices: Wartime Writings of Japanese Canadian Issei,' edited by Keibo Oiwa; 'Nitassinan: The Innu Struggle to...