- Women of the Transition. Baylen, J. O. // English Literature in Transition, 1880-1920;1993, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p503
Reviews two book about women. "Annie Besant: A Biography," by Anne Taylor; "The Trial of Women: Feminism and the Occult Sciences in Victorian Literature and Society," by Diana Basham.
- An abbess and a cannon. Marshall, J. // New Statesman & Society;5/1/92, Vol. 5 Issue 200, p38
Reviews two books. `Annie Besant: A Biography,' by Anne Taylor; `Beatrice Webb: Woman of Conflict,' by Carol Seymour Jones.
- Annie Besant (Book Review). Pfeiffer, John R.; Riddle, Carol // Utopian Studies;1994, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p225
Reviews the book `Annie Besant, A Biography,' by Anne Taylor.
- Annie Besant. Mermin, Dorothy // Victorian Studies;Winter93, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p229
Reviews the book `Annie Besant: A Biography,' by Anne Taylor. Besant's career history; Emphasis on political history; Biographer's views on subject's opinions; Representation of Besant by the biographer; Other biographies of Anne Besant.
- Reviews of books: Modern Europe. Oppenheim, Janet // American Historical Review;Oct93, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p1258
Reviews the book `Annie Besant: A Biography,' by Anne Taylor.
- Shorter notices. Anderson, Olive // English Historical Review;Apr95, Vol. 110 Issue 436, p515
Reviews the book `Annie Besant. A Biography,' by Anne Taylor.
- Laurence Oliphant, 1829-1888 (Book). Adelson, Roger // Victorian Studies;Spring84, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p392
Reviews the book 'Laurence Oliphant, 1829-1888,' by Anne Taylor.
- Visions of Harmony (Book Review). Fogarty, Robert S. // American Historical Review;Feb90, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p257
Reviews the book 'Visions of Harmony: A Study in Nineteenth-Century Millenarianism,' by Anne Taylor.
- Book reviews. Blue, Frederick J. // Journal of the Early Republic;Winter2002, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p711
Reviews the book 'Young Charles Sumner and the Legacy of the American Enlightenment, 1811-1851,' by Anne-Marie Taylor.