Migrants, Emigrants and Immigrants: A Social History of Migration (Book Review)
- Landscape and History since 1500 (Book). Smout, T. C. // English Historical Review;Jun2003, Vol. 118 Issue 477, p848
Reviews the book "Landscape and History Since 1500," by I. D. Whyte.
- A mobile century: changes in everyday obility in Britain in the twentieth century. Laurier, Eric // Progress in Human Geography;Jun2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p486
The article reviews the book "A mobile century: changes in everyday mobility in Britain in the twentieth century," by C. G. Pooley, Jean Turbull and M. Adams.
- Landscape and history since 1500 (Book). Butlin, Robin // Progress in Human Geography;Feb2004, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p139
Reviews the book "Landscape and History Since 1500," by I.D. Whyte.
- Immigrant Blues (Poem). Prikryl, Jana // Quill & Quire;Aug2003, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p29
Reviews the book 'Immigrant Blues,' translated by Goran Simic, Amela Simic.
- Immigration (Book). Ruberto, Laura E. // Journal of the West;Summer2002, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p98
Reviews the book 'Immigration: A Civil Rights Issue for the Americas,' edited by Susanne Jonas.
- Marijan Miljic, Ilir Capuni, Medova 1916-2008. U spomen potopljevim crnogorskim dobrovoljcima, Centar za iseljenike Crne Gore, Podgorica 2008. Knezevic, Sasa // Istorijski Zapisi;2008, Vol. 81 Issue 1-4, p371
As part of the commemorative issue â€œ60 years of the Historical Institute of Montenegro 1948-2008,â€ this article reviews Miljic and Capuniâ€™s study of Montenegrins in the Albanian port of Medova, including many who had arrived via San Francisco and other US cities.
- MLUVA ÄŒESKÃCH (RE)EMIGRANTÅ® Z UKRAJINY. Valášková, Nad'a // Cesky Lid: etnologicky casopis;2004, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p431
This article reviews Jana Jancakova & Pavel Jancak's Mluva ceskych (re)emigrantu z Ukrajiny (The speech of Czech (re)migrants from Ukraine), published in 2004, focusing on the evolution of the Czech language from the mid-19th through the 20th centuries.
- Building the Future (Book). Sarna, Jonathan D. // Journal of American Ethnic History;Winter2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p110
Reviews the book 'Building the Future: Jewish Immigrant Intellectuals and the Making of Tsukunft,' edited and translated by Steven Cassedy.
- On Borders: Perspectives on International Migration in Southern Africa (Book). Mitchell, Daniel // International Journal of African Historical Studies;2002, Vol. 35 Issue 2/3, p558
Reviews the book 'On Borders: Perspectives on International Migration in Southern Africa,' edited by David A. McDonald.