Labor and Imperial Democracy in Prewar Japan
- Reviews of books: Asia. Wilson, G.M. // American Historical Review;Feb1992, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p270
Reviews the book `Labor and Imperial Democracy in Prewar Japan,` by Andrew Gordon.
- Reviews of Books: ASIA. Kinzley, W. Dean // American Historical Review;Jun2001, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p961
Reviews the book `The Wages of Affluence: Labor and Management in Postwar Japan,' by Andrew Gordon.
- Bestsellers. // Christian Science Monitor;11/7/96, Vol. 88 Issue 241, p14
Presents the names of hardcover nonfiction books. `Making The Connection:...' by Bob Green and Oprah Winfrey, `American Tragedy' by Schiller and Willwerth, `Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus' by John Gray, `The Zone' by Barry Sears' and `The Dilbert Principle' by Scott Adams. INSET:...
- A checklist for choosing nonfiction trade books. Sudol, Peg; King, Caryn M. // Reading Teacher;Feb96, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p422
Describes a checklist for choosing nonfiction trade books. Use of trade books to teach language arts; Organization and layout of trade books.
- May publications. Stuttaford, Genevieve // Publishers Weekly;4/1/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 14, p67
Announces some nonfiction book titles expected for release in May of 1996. `The Path,' by Laurie Beth Jones; `The Women's Wheel of Life,' by Elizabeth Davis; Stuart Reid's `1745'; A brief synopsis of each with information about the author's.
- Writing a photo-essay. Arnold, Caroline // Book Links;May98, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p56
Presents information on writing nonfiction. Writing experience of the author; Information on books written by the author, including `African Animals.' INSET: Be an archaeologist.
- Untitled. // Publishers Weekly;3/28/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 13, p79
Reviews various nonfiction books. `Hard to Swallow,' by Richard Lacey; `Consumed: Why Americans Love, Hate and Fear Food,' by Michelle Stacy; `Living with Aids: A photographic Journal,' by Sal Lopes; `The Jewish 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Jews of All Time,' by Michael Shapiro.
- Hardcover bestsellers: Nonfiction. // Publishers Weekly;3/25/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 13, p96
Announces the bestselling nonfiction hardcover books as of March 25, 1996.
- Forecasts: Nonfiction. Stuttaford, Genevieve // Publishers Weekly;10/9/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 41, p68
Reviews several nonfiction books. Includes `That Dark and Bloody River,' by Allan W. Eckert, `City of Beads,' by Tony Dunbar, `Sky Over El Nido,' by C.M. Mayo.