The Myths We Live By
- The quiet sceptic. Skidelsky, Edward; Allardice, Lisa // New Statesman;7/7/2003, Vol. 132 Issue 4645, p46
Reviews the book 'The Myths We Live By,' by Mary Midgley.
- Shorter notices. Burke, Peter // English Historical Review;Apr94, Vol. 109 Issue 431, p547
Reviews the book `The Myths We Live By,' edited by Raphael Samuel and Paul Thompson.
- SEA-CHANGE: WIVENHOE REMEMBERED. Cubbin, Sue // Oral History;Autumn2007, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p116
The article reviews the book "Sea-Change: Wivenhoe Remembered," by Paul Thompson.
- Thurcroft: A Village and the Miners' Strike. An Oral History/The Enemy Within: Pit villages and the miners' strike of 1984-5/The Politics of the Yorkshire Miners. Field, John // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Nov87, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p69
Reviews three books about labor history. "Thurcroft: A Village and the Miners's Strike: An Oral History," by Peter Gibbon and David Steyne; "The Enemy Within: Pit Villages and the Miners' Strike of 1984-5," edited by Raphael Samuel, Barbara Bloomfield and Guy Boanas; "The Politics of the...
- Village life and labour. Russell, Rex C. // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Spring76, Issue 32, p45
Reviews book "Village Life and Labour," edited by Raphael Samuel.
- Village Life and Labour (Book). Thane, Pat // Journal of Social History;Summer76, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p581
Reviews the book 'Village Life and Labour,' edited by Raphael Samuel.
- Thinking of England. Baxendale, John // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Spring91, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p49
Reviews three volumes of the book 'Patriotism: the Making and Unmaking of British National Identity,' edited by Raphael Samuel.
- Madcap History. Bell, David A. // New Republic;02/15/99, Vol. 220 Issue 7, p35
Reviews several books. "Theatres of Memory," vol. 1, "Past and Present in Contemporary Culture," by Raphael Samuel; "Theatres of Memory," vol. 2, "Island Stories: Unravelling Britain," by Raphael Samuel.
- Oral history guide. Morrissey, Charles T. // LJ: Library Journal;5/15/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p928
Reviews the book 'Oral History Collections,' edited by Alan M. Meckler and Ruth McMullin.