Sing a Rebel Song: The Story of James Connolly
- A Problem Confused. Townshend, Charles // History Today;Apr89, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p57
Reviews the book `James Connolly. A Political Biography,' by Austen Morgan.
- Selected Writings/ The Lost Writings. Harvie, David // Capital & Class;Autumn99, Vol. 22 Issue 69, p178
The article reviews two books by James Connolly including "Selected Writings," 2nd edition, edited and introduced by Peter Berresford Ellis, and "The Lost Writings," edited and introduced by Aindrias O. Cathasaigh.
- James Connolly: Selected Political Writings. WALSH, G. P. // Labour History;Nov1974, Issue 27, p94
The article reviews the book "James Connolly: Selected Political Writings," edited by Owen Dudley Edwards and Bernard Ransom.
- James Connolly and the Rights of Women Workers. Murphy, Maureen // Social Science Docket;Winter/Spring2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p7
The article presents a lesson plan for Middle-School students which teaches about reasons behind equal pay demand for women by social activist James Connolly.
- Irish Marxism and the Development of the Theory of Neo-Colonialism. McGuire, Charlie // Eire-Ireland;Fall/Winter2006, Vol. 41 Issue 3/4, p110
This article discusses the role of Irish Marxism in the role of the development of neo-colonialist theory. The author examines the ideas of Irish Marxists James Connolly and Roddy Connolly, and compares them to the theories of neo-colonialism that emerged later. The author argues that Irish...
- James Connolly: a working class hero. Cathasaigh, Aindrias Ó. // History Ireland;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p48
A review of the DVD release of the documentary film "James Connolly: A Working Class Hero," directed by Brian O'Flaherty, is presented.
- Correspondence. Thomas, Norman; Angell, Norman; Eddy, Junius; Levenson, Samuel; Taylor, William; Pacey, Donald W. R. // New Republic;7/28/41, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p118
Presents several letters referencing to articles and topics discussed in previous issues. Role of Indian troops in England's Syrian campaign; Explanation on misrepresentations which serve admirably the purposes of German political strategy in the U.S.; Description of the method in which Antioch...
- "To turn the whole world upside-down": Women and Revolution in The Non-Stop Connolly Show. Paul, Ronald // Cultural Logic: An Electronic Journal of Marxist Theory & Practi;2007, Vol. 10, p1
The article focuses on the play "The Non-Stop Connolly Show," which is based on the life of James Connolly, a revolutionary and one of the leaders shot for being involved in the Easter Rising in 1916. The play is not only an epic drama, but also an event in the Irish theatre tradition, where...
- James Connolly (1868 - 1916) and James Larkin (1876 - 1947). // Social Science Docket;Winter/Spring2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p40
The article presents obituaries for European revolutionaries and reformers James Connolly and James Larkin.