- Agriculture in England/The Victorian Peasant/Irish Farming (Book). Perry, Peter // Victorian Studies;Summer90, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p672
Reviews several books about agriculture in Great Britain. 'Agriculture in England: A Survey of Farming, 1870-1947,' by Jonathan Brown; 'The Victorian Peasant,' by Richard Heath, edited by Keith Dockray; 'Irish Farming: Implements and Techniques 1750-1900,' by Jonathan Bell and Mervyn Watson.
- The English Rural Poor. Beckett, John // Agricultural History;Spring2008, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p247
The article reviews the book "The English Rural Poor, 1850-1914" edited by Mark Freeman.
- The Rural Poor in Eighteenth-Century Wales. Williams, Chris // English Historical Review;Jun2001, Vol. 116 Issue 467, p730
Reviews the book "The Rural Poor in Eighteenth-Century Wales," by David W. Howell.
- AGRICULTURAL CHANGE AND RURAL POVERTY (Book Review). Dayal, Edison // Annals of Regional Science;Mar1987, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p100
Reviews the book 'Agricultural Change and Rural Poverty,' edited by John W. Mellor and Gunvant M. Desai.
- TRANSPORTATION FOR THE RURAL POOR (Book Review). Fuller, A.M. // Annals of Regional Science;Jul85, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p114
Reviews the book 'Transportation for the Rural Poor: Research in Rural Mobility,' by Hal S. Maggied.
- How the Rural Poor Got Power (Book Review). Cleaver, William // Library Journal;5/15/1978, Vol. 103 Issue 10, p1057
Reviews the book 'How the Rural Poor Got Power: Narrative of a Grassroots Organizer' by Paul David Wellstone.
- The impacts of structural change and public policy on the rural disadvantaged. Christy, Ralph D.; Figueroa, Enrique E. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec90, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p1169
Discusses the impacts of structural change and public policy on the rural disadvantaged in the United States. Evolutionary approach to the theory of change and the role of human capital; Economic growth and development; Immigration policy and Hispanic labor issues.
- Rural Workers Face Murder. Steif, William // Progressive;Jun89, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p26
Reports on the growing number of murdered rural workers in Brazil. Estimated number of cases .
- `The Rural Underclass: Examination of Multiple-Problem Populations in Urban and Rural Settings'. // Wilson Quarterly;Spring92, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p134
Comments on the research report `The Rural Underclass: Examination of Multiple-Problem Populations in Urban and Rural Settings,' by William P. O'Hare and Brenda Curry-White of the Population Reference Bureau in Washington, D.C. Underclass as an urban phenomenon; Differences between the rural...