The Transport Revolution 1770-1985 (Book Review)
- Doncaster: Town of Train Makers 1853-1990. Kingsford, Peter // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Fall91, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p64
Reviews the book "Doncaster: Town of Train Makers 1853-1990," by Philip S. Bagwell.
- The Railwaymen, Volume 2: The Beeching Era and After/ End of the Line? The Fate of British Railways Under Thatcher. Wrigley, Chris // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Spring85, Issue 50, p58
Reviews two books by Philip S. Bagwell. "The Railwaymen: The Beeching Era and After," vol. 2; "End of the Line? The Fate of British Railways Under Thatcher."
- From Prison Cell to Council Chamber: The Life of Philip W. Bagwell, 1885-1958. Wrigley, Chris // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Spring95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p98
Reviews the book "From Prison Cell to Council Chamber: The Life of Philip W. Bagwell, 1885-1958," by Philip S. Bagwell and Joan Lawley.
- Harlem (Book Review). Caviston, John F. // School Library Journal;Oct74, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p118
Reviews the book 'Harlem: a History of Broken Dreams,' by Warren J. Halliburton and Ernest Kaiser.
- Svetislav Marinovic, Crnogorski dvoboj, Pobjeda, Podgorica, 2008. Scekic, Radenko // Istorijski Zapisi;2008, Vol. 81 Issue 1-4, p381
As part of the commemorative issue â€œ60 Years of the Historical Institute of Montenegro 1948-2008,â€ this article reviews Marinovicâ€™s survey of the practice of dueling in Montenegro, which needlessly dealt with the alleged heritage of Roman gladiators, when the custom only...
- 'THE SOCIAL SIDE' // History Today;Feb79, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p130
Reviews the book 'Trevelyan: English Social History,' introduction by Asa Briggs.
- Lavrov (Book Review). Gleason, Abbott // American Historical Review;Apr77, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p402
Reviews the book 'Lavrov: Years of Emigration: Letters and Documents,' Volume 1, 'Lavrov and Lopatin (Correspondence 1870-1883),' Volume 2, 'From 'Vpered!' to the Group of the Old Narodovol'tsy,' edited and introduced by Boris Sapir.
- LIDOVÃ‰ TKANINY V OBLASTI ORLICKÃCH HOR. Havlik, Vlastimil // Cesky Lid: etnologicky casopis;2004, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p103
This article reviews a book by Hana Hynkova that is devoted to the work and accomplishments of weavers from the mid-19th to the mid-20th century in the region of Orlicke Hory, a mountain range in northeastern Czech Republic. The author analyzes hundreds of textile samples, categorizing the type...
- Cuba: The Measure of a Revolution (Book). Zimmerman, Cane C. // Journal of Political & Military Sociology;Spring73, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p169
Reviews the book "Cuba: The Measure of a Revolution," by Lowry Nelson.