Frederick Engels in Manchester (Book Review)
- Eighty years of Manchester Morris. Schofield, Derek // English Dance & Song;Summer2010, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p20
The article offers a brief historical background of the Manchester Morris Men. It explains the relation of the morris dancers to the English Folk Dance and Song Society (EFDSS). The dance group was composed of several male dancers including Ian Browne, Roy Whitfield, and Bernard Bentley. The...
- Roy Whitfield dies. // Printing World;6/24/2004, Vol. 287 Issue 1, p2
Reports on the death of Roy Whitfield, director and shareholder of printing and industry related firms, on June 20, 2004 in Bristol, England, following a year-long battle against cancer. Establishment of APB Process Print and Cromwell Press.
- African Businessmen and Development in Zambia (Book Review). Holbrook, Carol // Library Journal;10/1/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 17, p2093
Reviews the book 'African Businessmen and Development in Zambia,' by Andrew A. Beveridge and Anthony R. Obserschall.
- Confusion to the Enemy (Book Review). Christianson, Elin // LJ: Library Journal;11/1/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 19, p2044
Reviews the book 'Confusion to the Enemy: A Biography of Edward Ball,' by Raymond K. Mason and Virginia Harrison.
- Are maufacturers' reps cost effective?. Arnold, Ted // Automotive Marketing;Nov97, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p122
Provides information on maufacturers' representatives. Questions asked pertaining to cost effectiveness of these representatives; Advantages of using representative firms.
- The all-American fall guy. Ferguson, Andrew // Across the Board;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p11
Asserts that diversity training is purely American. View of the author on the uniqueness of the American businessman.
- Incorporation. // Black Enterprise;Jun86, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p265
Many new entrepreneurs often rush to incorporate their new ventures which is often an unwise move. Although incorporation is the preferred form for most businesses, it is by no means necessary or appropriate for every endeavor. Some advice on deciding on whether or not to incorporate.
- Black success in the corporate world. Graves, E.G. // Black Enterprise;Aug87, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p9
Editorial. Many companies are cutting down in their personnel, public affairs and affirmative action departments, where blacks are heavily represented. As the trend continues black executives will have difficulty succeeding. Therefore, they must equip themselves with more and better skills in...
- How to avoid the corporate crunch. Dingle, D.T.; Green, C.M. // Black Enterprise;Aug87, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p42
Q & A session with the seven members of Black Enterprises Corporate Roundtable on how to avoid getting caught in the corporate crunch.