They Worked All Their Lives: Women of the Urban Poor in England 1800-1939 (Book Review)
- They Worked All Their Lives: Women of the Urban Poor in England, 1880-1939 (Book). Malmgreen, Gail // American Historical Review;Oct91, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p1197
Reviews the book "They Worked All Their Lives: Women of the Urban Poor in England, 1880-1939," by Carl Chinn.
- They Worked All Their Lives (Book). LoPatin, Nancy // Victorian Studies;Spring90, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p500
Reviews the book 'They Worked All Their Lives: Women of the Urban Poor in England, 1880-1939,' by Carl Chinn.
- Poverty amidst Prosperity: The Urban Poor in England, 1834-1914. Green, David // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter96, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p354
Reviews the book "Poverty Amidst Prosperity: The Urban Poor in England, 1834-1914," by Carl Chinn.
- Better Betting with a Decent Fellar: Bookmakers, Betting and the British Working Class, 1750-1900(Book Review). Clapson, Mark // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter92, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p114
Reviews the book "Better Betting With a Decent Feller: Bookmakers, Betting and the British Working Class, 1750-1990," by Carl Chinn.
- Anna (Book). Lambert, Jeanette // School Library Journal;Sep75, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p134
Reviews the book 'Anna,' by Dagfinn Gronoset, translated from Norwegian by Ingrid B. Josephson.
- Women and Poverty in the Third World (Book). Bussey, Ellen M. // Monthly Labor Review;Nov83, Vol. 106 Issue 11, p77
Reviews the book 'Women and Poverty in the Third World,' edited by Mayra Buvinic, Margaret A. Lycette, William Paul McGreevey.
- Fiona McNeill's Poor Women in Shakespeare. Honig, Edith Lazaros // Shakespeare Newsletter;Fall/Winter2012, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p51
The article reviews the book "Poor Women in Shakespeare" by Fiona McNeill.
- Women at the Center: Grameen Bank Borrowers after One Decade (Book). Keating, Maryann O.; Shelley, Fred M. // Social Science Quarterly (University of Texas Press);Dec97, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p1033
Reviews the book "Women at the Center: Grameen Bank Borrowers After One Decade," by Helen Todd.
- Women and Children Last (Book). Parker, Susan E.; Fletcher, Janet; Fialkoff, Francine; Schwarzer, Anneliese; Sutton, Judith; Cameron, Janet // Library Journal;3/1/1986, Vol. 111 Issue 4, p104
Reviews the book 'Women and Children Last: The Plight of Poor Women in Affluent America,' by Ruth Sidel.