The Rise of the Penitentiary: Prisons and Punishment in Early America
- The Rise of the Penitentiary: Prisons and Punishment in Early America. Immarigeon, Russ // IARCA Journal on Community Corrections;Apr1993, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p34
The article reviews the book "The Rise of the Penitentiary: Prisons and Punishment in Early America," by Adam J. Hirsch.
- The Theory and Practice of Incarceration in the Colonial and Federal Periods. Knafla, Louis A. // Criminal Law Forum;1994, Vol. 5 Issue 2/3, p729
The article reviews the book "The Rise of the Penitentiary: Prisons and Punishment in Early America," by Adam Jay Hirsch.
- A Prison & a Prisoner (Book Review). Preston, Gregor A. // Library Journal;5/1/1978, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p991
Reviews the book 'A Prison and a Prisoner,' by Susan Sheehan.
- America's Prisons (Book). Leslie, Roger // Booklist;4/1/2002, Vol. 98 Issue 15, p1315
Reviews the book 'America's Prisons,' edited by Roman Espejo.
- Living in Prison (Book). Crawford, Otho // Library Journal;12/15/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 22, p2491
Reviews the book 'Living in Prison: The Ecology of Survival,' by Hans Toch, John Gibbs and colleagues.
- On the Blanket (Book). Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;8/15/2002, Vol. 127 Issue 13, p154
Reviews the book 'On the Blanket.'
- Doing Good Time. // Progressive;Jan90, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p39
Reviews the book 'Prisoners on Purpose: A Peacemakers' Guides to Jails and Prisons,' edited by Samuel H. Day Jr.
- A Prisoner in the Garden. // Publishers Weekly;12/5/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 48, p47
The article reviews the book "A Prisoner in the Garden," by the Nelson Mandela Foundation.
- A STRANGER AND A PILGRIM. Dugdale, Sasha // PN Review;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p56
Reviews the book "The State of the Prisons," by SinÃ©ad Morrissey.