Black Neighbors: Race and the Limits of Reform in the American Settlement House Movement, 1890-1945 (Book Review)
- RACE EXPERTS (Book Review). Abbott, Charlotte; Gold, Sarah F.; Rotella, Mark; Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;7/23/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 30, p58
Reviews the book `Race Experts: How Racial Etiquette, Sensitivity Training, and New Age Therapy Hijacked the Civil Rights Revolution,' by Elisabeth Lasch-Quinn.
- The Right Choice?: Elisabeth Lasch-Quinn. Lasch-Quinn, Elisabeth // American Conservative;11/3/2008, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p9
The article offers perspective from professor Elisabeth Lasch-Quinn concerning the 2008 election in the U.S. Lasch-Quinn claims that her decision to vote for Barack Obama for president started when she watched him made a speech to the Democratic Convention in 2004. Lasch-Quinn infers that Obama...
- METHODS/THEORY. Novick, Peter // American Historical Review;Feb2002, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p156
Reviews the book 'Reconstructing History: The Emergence of a New Historical Society,' edited by Elizabeth Fox-Genovese and Elisabeth Lasch-Quinn.
- Brothers on a Soapbox. Wiley, Ralph // Black Issues Book Review;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p46
Focuses on nonfiction books written by Afro-American male authors in the United States. Difference between fiction and nonfiction books; Discussion on who should support and appreciate the authors; Views on nonfiction authors; Brief information on some nonfiction books.
- The African American Experience (Book). Conyers Jr., James L. // Western Journal of Black Studies;Winter2001, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p238
Reviews the book 'The African American Experience: An Historiographical and Bibliographical Guide,' edited by Arvah E. Strickland and Robert E. Weems Jr.
- African American Biographies. Glantz, Shelley // Library Media Connection;Jan2007, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p78
The article reviews the book "African American Biographies."
- African-American Writers. Collins, Carol Jones // School Library Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p139
The article reviews the book "African-American Writers," by Amy Sickels.
- Race, Work, and Family in the Lives of African Americans. Phillips, Kenvi // Journal of African American History;Summer2007, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p453
The article reviews the book "Race, Work, and Family in the Lives of African Americans," edited by Marlese Durr and Shirley A. Hill.
- The African American Years (Book). // Booklist;2/15/2003, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p1096
Reviews the book 'The African American Years,' edited by Gabriel Burns Stepto.