A Place to Live and Work: The Henry Disston Saw Works and the Tacony Community of Philadelphia
- Something old, something new, and a time to celebrate! Frechette, Leon A. // Tech Directions;Apr97, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p33
Presents a summary of the history of the electric portable hand saw. Features of the first electric hand saw invented by Edmond Michel of New Orleans in Los Angeles in 1921; Incorporation of the Michel Electric Hand Saw Company in 1924; The S-B Power Tool Company of Joseph W. Sullivan; Five...
- Chainsaw Buyers' Guide 2000. // New Zealand Forest Industries Magazine;Jun2000, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p18
Presents charts containing information for chainsaw buyers in New Zealand. Models from Echo, Oleo-Mac, Shindaiwa, Stihl and Solo; Power output; Weight; Fuel capacity; Oil capacity; Features; Accessories; Chain pitch; Warranty; Recommended use; Retail price.
- The Quest for Power. MClean, Vivienne // New Zealand Forest Industries Magazine;Jun2000, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p25
Presents updates on New Zealand's chainsaw industry as of June 2000. Manufacturers' quest for more power and torque for less weight; Pressures from emissions legislation; Need to address safety and health issues; Product development by Dolmar and Stihl; Offer of anti-vibration, trigger...
- SAWS. // Concrete Construction;May2008, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p30
A product directory for manufacturers of concrete saws is presented.
- ORIGINS: QUIZ. // This Old House;Mar2007, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p20
A quiz concerning the first electric saw from the Milwaukee Electric Tool Co. is presented.
- Do Your Homework Before Selecting a Saw. // Metal Center News;Fall2005 Supplement, p2
Presents a guideline on saw equipment buying in the U.S. Awareness on new technology; Assessment on production capabilities; Investigation of suppliers capabilities.
- Computer advances drive panel saws forward. Christianson, Rich // Wood & Wood Products;Oct96, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p83
Focuses on the advancement made in panel sizing with panel saw manufacturers, and the impact it has had on wood products manufacturers. Movement of industry towards a standardized computer environment; Use of computer to gain instructions on panel sizing; Advantages of computer to wood products...
- Green concrete saw. Zeyher, Allen // Roads & Bridges;Jun2003, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p69
The precision blade control system on the MG-10 green concrete saw, developed by Target Corp., allows the operator to preset the depth of cut quickly and easily. It features a 10-in. maximum blade capacity. The saw also employs a vibration-resistant frame with an adjustable handle and solid...
- Forecasts: Nonfiction. Stuttaford, Genevieve // Publishers Weekly;1/8/96, Vol. 243 Issue 2, p50
Reviews several nonfiction novels. Includes `Osler's Web: Inside the Labyrinth of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Epidemic,' by Hillary Johnson; `Phantom Illness: Shattering the Myth of Hypochondria,' by Carla Cantor with Brian A. Fallon; `The Ends of the Earth: A Journey at the Dawn of the 21st...