A Place to Live and Work: The Henry Disston Saw Works and the Tacony Community of Philadelphia
- Something old, something new, and a time to celebrate! Frechette, Leon A. // Tech Directions;Apr97, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p33
Presents a summary of the history of the electric portable hand saw. Features of the first electric hand saw invented by Edmond Michel of New Orleans in Los Angeles in 1921; Incorporation of the Michel Electric Hand Saw Company in 1924; The S-B Power Tool Company of Joseph W. Sullivan; Five...
- Chainsaw Buyers' Guide 2000. // New Zealand Forest Industries Magazine;Jun2000, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p18
Presents charts containing information for chainsaw buyers in New Zealand. Models from Echo, Oleo-Mac, Shindaiwa, Stihl and Solo; Power output; Weight; Fuel capacity; Oil capacity; Features; Accessories; Chain pitch; Warranty; Recommended use; Retail price.
- The Quest for Power. MClean, Vivienne // New Zealand Forest Industries Magazine;Jun2000, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p25
Presents updates on New Zealand's chainsaw industry as of June 2000. Manufacturers' quest for more power and torque for less weight; Pressures from emissions legislation; Need to address safety and health issues; Product development by Dolmar and Stihl; Offer of anti-vibration, trigger...
- SAWS. // Concrete Construction;May2008, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p30
A product directory for manufacturers of concrete saws is presented.
- ORIGINS: QUIZ. // This Old House;Mar2007, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p20
A quiz concerning the first electric saw from the Milwaukee Electric Tool Co. is presented.
- Forecasts: Nonfiction. Stuttaford, Genevieve // Publishers Weekly;1/8/96, Vol. 243 Issue 2, p50
Reviews several nonfiction novels. Includes `Osler's Web: Inside the Labyrinth of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Epidemic,' by Hillary Johnson; `Phantom Illness: Shattering the Myth of Hypochondria,' by Carla Cantor with Brian A. Fallon; `The Ends of the Earth: A Journey at the Dawn of the 21st...
- UNTERSUCHUNGEN ZUR GESCHICHTE DER FRUHEN INDUSTRIALISIERUNG VORNEHMLICH IM WIRTSCHAFTSRAUM BERLIN/BRANDENBUG (Book Review). Tilly, Richard // Central European History (Brill Academic Publishers);Sep75, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p282
Reviews the book 'Untersuchungen Zur Geschichte Der Fruhen Industrialisierung Vornehmlich Im Wirtschaftsraum Berlin/Branderburg,' edited by Otto Busch.
- NON-FICTION. Burnham, Clint; Barclay, Pat; Helwig, Maggie; Jiroens, Karl // Books in Canada;Summer92, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p58
Reviews non-fiction books. 'How to Play: The Theatre of James Reaney,' by Gerald Parker; 'Memories of a Governor-General's Daughter,' by Joan Michener Rohr with Terrence Heath; 'Stone Voices: Wartime Writings of Japanese Canadian Issei,' edited by Keibo Oiwa; 'Nitassinan: The Innu Struggle to...
- Iron Age Pottery in Northern Mesopotamia, Northern Syria and South-Eastern Anatolia (Book). Lehmann, Gunnar // Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research;Feb2002, Issue 325, p79
Reviews the book 'Iron Age Pottery in Northern Mesopotamia, Northern Syria and South-Eastern Anatolia: Papers Presented at the Meetings of the International 'Table Ronde' at Heidelberg (1995) and Nieborow (1997) and Other Contributions,' edited by Arnulf Hausleiter and Andrzej Reiche.