Common Labour Workers and the Digging of North American Canals, 1780-1860
- Common Labour: Workers and the Digging of North American Canals 1780-1860. See, Scott W. // Labour / Le Travail;Spring96, Vol. 37, p319
The article reviews the book "Common Labour: Workers and the Digging of North American Canals 1780-1860," Peter Way.
- Historical Studies. Engerman, Stanley L. // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Oct94, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p190
The article reviews the book "Common Labour: Workers and the Digging of North American Canals, 1780-1860," by Peter Way.
- Manual Labor. Maloff, Saul // New Republic;12/7/74, Vol. 171 Issue 23, p25
Reviews the book "Manual Labor," by Frederick Busch which is about manual labor.
- Faking It. Kauffmann, Stanley // New Republic;6/14/93, Vol. 208 Issue 24, p30
Reviews several motion pictures. "American Heart," directed by Martin Bell; "Posse," directed by Mario Van Peebles; "Children of Fate," directed by Robert M. Young and Michael Roemer.
- Icarus (Book). Rosenkranz, Joel // Library Journal;8/1/1980, Vol. 105 Issue 14, p1663
Reviews the book 'Icarus,' by Peter Way.
- The Handbook of Advanced Time-Motion (Book). // Labor Law Journal;Jan52, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p66
The article presents information about the book "The Handbook of Advanced Time-Motion," by L. Arthur Sylvester. The theory that is presented in this study is an outgrowth of an early paper by the author printed in the September 1921 issue of Industrial Management and titled "Measuring the Human...
- The Case for Working with Your Hands: or Why Office Work is Bad for Us and Fixing Things Feels Good. Adams, Martin // Existential Analysis: Journal of the Society for Existential Ana;Jan2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p182
The article reviews the book "The Case for Working With Your Hands: Or Why Office Work is Bad for Us and Fixing Things Feels Good," by Mathew Crawford.
- CHORES CHORES CHORES! // Kirkus Reviews;5/1/2008, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p503
The article reviews the book "Chores Chores Chores!," written and illustrated by Salina Yoon.
- Radiographic osteoarthrosis in the acromioclavicular joint resultingfrom manual work or exposure to vibration Hogstedt, C.; Goldie, I.; Marions, O. Marions; Hagberg, M.; Stenlund, B. // British Journal of Industrial Medicine;Aug1992, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p588
No abstract available.