Going for Gold: Men, Mines, and Migration
- The Puritans in Africa/ The Rise of Afrikanerdom (Book Review). Hexham, Irving // Africa (Edinburgh University Press);1978, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p91
Reviews two books related to religion and politics in Africa. 'The Puritans in Africa,' by W. De Klerk; 'The Rise of Afrikanerdom Power, Apartheid and the Afrikaner Civil Religion,' by T. Dunbar Moodie.
- Birds of Passage: Migrant Labor and Industrial Societies. Howard, Robert // New Republic;6/9/79, Vol. 180 Issue 23, p37
Reviews the book "Birds of Passage: Migrant Labor and Industrial Societies," by Michael J. Piore.
- Merchants of labour. // World of Work;Apr2006, Issue 56, p42
The article reviews the book "Merchants of Labour," by Christiane Kuptsch.
- Migrant Workers in Pacific Asia (Book). Athukorala, Prema-Chandra // ASEAN Economic Bulletin;Apr2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p86
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Migrant Workers in Pacific Asia,' edited by Yaw A. Debrah.
- Migratory Workers and Their Employers. Brynes, Asher // New Republic;11/6/61, Vol. 145 Issue 19, p18
Reviews the book "The Harvesters," by Louisa R. Shotwell.
- Southern Cross. Ito, Robert // Los Angeles Magazine;Oct2001, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p168
Reviews the book `Crossing Over: A Mexican Family on the Migrant Trail,' by Ruben Martinez.
- On the Road for Work (Book Review). Emerson, Robert D. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Nov81, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p763
Reviews the book `On the Road for Work: Migratory Worker on the East Coast of the United States. Series on the Development of Societies,' vol. 7, by Geertje Thomas-Lycklama a Nijeholt.
- GOLD IN THE STREETS. Donaghy, William A. // America;1/12/1946, Vol. 74 Issue 15, p413
The article reviews the book "Gold in the Street," by Mary Vardoulakis.
- The Hidden Hippopotamus. Reappraisal in African History (Book Review). Sifuniso, M. A. // Africa (Edinburgh University Press);1984, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p107
Reviews the book 'The Hidden Hippopotamus. Reappraisal in African History: The Early Colonial Experience in Western Zambia,' by Gwyn Prins.