A Stomach for Dissent: The Life of Raymond Postgate 1896-1971
- Murder, Piracy and Justice. Cowley, Malcolm // New Republic;2/17/26, Vol. 45 Issue 585, p362
Reviews the book "Murder, Piracy & Treason," by Raymond Postgate.
- Dear Robert Emmet. C. U. // America;4/9/1932, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p20
The article reviews the book "Dear Robert Emmet," by R. W. Postgate.
- The British Common People: 1746-1938 (Book). Huberman, Leo // New Republic;8/16/39, Vol. 100 Issue 1289, p54
Reviews the book "The British Common People: 1746-1938," by G.D.S. Cole and Raymond Postgate.
- SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR (Book). // New Republic;7/12/43, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p54
Reviews the book "Somebody at the Door," by Raymond Postgate.
- DEAR ROBERT EMMET (Book). // New Republic;3/9/32, Vol. 70 Issue 901, p107
Reviews the book "Dear Robert Emmet," by R.W. Postgate.
- Books in Brief. Wade, Mason; H.W.; R.V. // New Republic;3/16/38, Vol. 94 Issue 1215, p174
Reviews books on religion, culture and social problem. â€œThe Life of Jesus,â€ by Conrad Noel; â€œThe Marginal Man: A Study in Personality and Culture Conflict,â€ by Everett V. Stonequist; â€œFact,â€ edited by Raymond Postgate.
- RAYMOND WILLIAM POSTGATE 1896-1971. // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Autumn71, Issue 23, p4
Presents an obituary for labor historian Raymond William Postgate, who died on March 29, 1971.
- 60 YEARS OF BRITISH FOOD. Carter, Elizabeth // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/1/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4730, p24
The article explores over six decades of British food. Raymond Postgate, founder and editor of The Good Food Guide, says that food in 1950s austerity Great Britain was a "great plain of desolation." There was a restaurant explosion in Great Britain in 1960s. The 1970s saw radical changes in...
- MICROBES AND MAN. Tribe, David // Immunology & Cell Biology;Jun1993, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p235
Reviews the book "Microbes and Man," by John Postgate.