Family, Dependence and the Origins of the Welfare State: Britain and France, 1914-1945
- Family, Dependence, and the Origins of the Welfare State; Britain and France, 1914-1945. Comacchio, Cynthia // Labour / Le Travail;Fall95, Vol. 36, p368
The article reviews the book "Family, Dependence, and the Origins of the Welfare State; Britain and France, 1914-1945," by Susan Pedersen.
- Reviews: British history. Brown, Margaret // Teaching History;Jun94, Issue 76, p43
Reviews three books on women's history in Great Britain. `Women and Gender in Early Modern Europe,' by Merry E. Wiesner; `Labour Women. Women in British Working-Class Politics 1918-1939,' by Pamela M. Graves; `Family, Dependence and the Origins of the Welfare State. Britain and France...
- Coming to Terms with Women's Suffrage: The British Movement's Significance for Broader Social Change. Englander, Susan // Journal of Women's History;Summer2006, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p158
The article reviews several books including "Eleanor Rathbone and the Politics of Conscience," by Susan Pederson and "The Militant Suffrage Movement: Citizenship and Resistance in Britain, 1860-1930," by Laura E. Nym Mayhall.
- Federal Social Policy: The Historical Dimension (Book). Karr, William // Humanist;Jan/Feb89, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p43
Reviews the book "Federal Social Policy: The Historical Dimension," edited by Donald T. Critchlow and Ellis W. Hawley.
- THE MARKET IN CHINESE SOCIAL POLICY (Book). Drover, Glenn // Pacific Affairs;Summer2002, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p277
Reviews the book 'The Market in Chinese Social Policy,' edited by Linda Wong and Norman Flynn.
- The Assault on Social Policy (Book). Nackerud, Larry // Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare;Sep2003, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p165
Reviews the book "The Assault on Social Policy," by William Roth.
- Biomedical Scientists and Public Policy (Book). // American Journal of Law & Medicine;Winter81, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p526
Reviews the book 'Biomedical Scientists and Public Policy,' edited by H. Hugh Fudenberg and Vijaya L. Melnick.
- Social Indicators and Social Policy (Book Review). Johnston, Denis F. // Monthly Labor Review;May73, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p71
Reviews the book 'Social Indicators and Social Policy,' edited by Andrew Shonfield and Stella Shaw.
- Human Development Report 1992. // Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare;Mar1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p219
Reviews the book "Human Development Report 1992."