Citizen, State and Social Welfare in Britain 1830-1990
- Shorter notices. Harris, Jose // English Historical Review;Sep96, Vol. 111 Issue 443, p1012
Reviews the book `Citizen, State, and Social Welfare in Britain 1830-1930,' by Geoffrey Finlayson.
- Reviews of books: Modern Europe. Taylor, James Stephen // American Historical Review;Feb96, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p181
Reviews the book `Citizen, State, and Social Welfare in Britain, 1830-1990,' by Geoffrey Finlayson.
- Book reviews. Harrison, John F.C. // Victorian Studies;Spring96, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p419
Reviews the books `Citizen, State, and Social Welfare in Britain, 1830-1990,' by Geoffrey Finlayson and `The Evolution of British Social Policy and the Welfare State, c. 1800-1993,' by Keith Laybourn.
- PUBLIC WELFARE IN THE UNITED STATES. // Journal of Social Forces;Mar1923, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p331
Reviews the book "Public Welfare in the United States."
- The Seventh Earl of Shaftsbury, 1801--1885 (Book). Osborne, John W. // Victorian Studies;Spring83, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p359
Reviews the book 'The Seventh Earl of Shaftsbury, 1801-1885,' by Geoffrey B.A.M. Finlayson.
- RURAL PUBLIC WELFARE. SELECTED RECORDS WITH INTRODUCTORY NOTES AND COMMENTS (Book). Cassatt, Anna A. // Social Forces;Mar42, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p415
Reviews the book "Rural Public Welfare: Selected Records With Introductory Notes and Comments," by Grace Browning.
- Staff Development in Public Welfare. Wight, Fred E. // Child Welfare;Dec1966, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p601
The article reviews the book "Staff Development in Public Welfare," by Carol H. Meyer.
- The Administrator In Public Welfare. Anderson, C. Wilson // Child Welfare;Jun1967, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p346
The article reviews the book "The Administrator In Public Welfare," by Reed H. Clegg.
- Public Welfare: Time for a Change (Book). Buell, Bradley // Social Work;Jan63, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p113
Reviews the book "Public Welfare: Time for a Change," by Elizabeth Wickenden and Winifred Bell.