Labour's Utopias -- Bolshevism, Fabianism, Social Democracy
- Completing an unfinished project. Klikauer, Thomas // Green Left Weekly;1/27/2010, Issue 823, p22
The article reviews the book "Socialism and Modernity," by Peter Beilharz.
- Transforming Labor: Labour Tradition and the Labor Decade in Australia. Fagge, Roger // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter95, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p90
Reviews the book "Transforming Labor: Labour Tradition & the Labor Decade in Australia," by Peter Beilharz.
- Arguing about the Welfare State: The Australian Experience. // Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare;Sep1993, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p166
Reviews the book "Arguing About the Welfare State: The Australian Experience," by Peter Beilharz, Mark Considine and Rob Watts.
- Thinking the Antipodes: Australian Essays. ORCHARD, LIONEL // Labour History;May2016, Issue 110, p202
No abstract available.
- About the Authors. // International Journal of Politics, Culture & Society;1997, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p181
The article presents information about several authors that contributed to the September 1997 issue of the journal "International Journal of Politics, Culture and Society". Russell H. Bartley is a Professor Emeritus of History at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He...
- Bernard Smith 1916-2011 Marxism and Politics. // Art Monthly Australasia;Jun2012, Issue 250, p68
The article presents the text of Peter Beilharz's "A Tribute to Bernard Smith" delivered at the National Gallery of Victoria on November 28, 2011. It describes Smith as a light but insistent Marxist, an oppositionist whose aim was less to change the world than to stop it getting worse. It...
- 'Brokeback': telling it straight. Taylor, Mike // ColoradoBiz;Feb2006, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p50
The article comments on the film "Brokeback Mountain," which stars Heath Ledger and is about two gay cowboys. The author describes his gay male friend, who is a former sports editor-turned-gayactivist, and later became a columnist and editor at the gay-focused publication "Washington Blade." He...
- Socialization (Book Review). // Education;Apr/May73, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p356
The theme for the 1967 conference of the Association of Social Anthropotogists was "Socialization." This volume consists of the papers presented at the conference which was held at University of Birmingham. Generally, the focus was on the socialization of adolescents and youth, rather than on...
- Socialism and the Cities (Book Review). Bedford, Henry F. // American Historical Review;Oct76, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p953
Reviews the book 'Socialism and the Cities,' edited by Bruce M. Stave.