Political Writings: Contributions to Justice and Commonweal 1883-1890
- William Morris. Baylen, J. O. // English Literature in Transition, 1880-1920;1995, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p534
Reviews the book "Political Writings: Contributions to Justice and Commonweal, 1883-1890," edited by Nicholas Salmon.
- Socialization (Book Review). // Education;Apr/May73, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p356
The theme for the 1967 conference of the Association of Social Anthropotogists was "Socialization." This volume consists of the papers presented at the conference which was held at University of Birmingham. Generally, the focus was on the socialization of adolescents and youth, rather than on...
- Socialism and the Cities (Book Review). Bedford, Henry F. // American Historical Review;Oct76, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p953
Reviews the book 'Socialism and the Cities,' edited by Bruce M. Stave.
- SOCIALISM IN FRANCE: FROM JUARES TO MITTERRAND. Stern, Fritz // Foreign Affairs;Spring84, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p1018
Reviews the book 'Socialism in France: From Juares to Mitterrand,' edited by Stuart Williams.
- NÃSTIN SOCIÃLNÃHO VÃVOJE CÄžSKÃCH ZEMÃ 1781--1914. Valášková, Nada // Cesky Lid: etnologicky casopis;2003, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p407
This article reviews Jana Machacova & Jiri Matejcek's "Nastin socialniho vyvoje ceskych zemi 1781-1914" (Survey of the social development of the Czech lands, 1781-1914), published in 2002, which filled a needed gap in Czech historiography.
- Social Demography (Book Review). Kariel, Herbert G. // Annals of Regional Science;Dec70, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p171
Reviews the book 'Social Demography,' edited by Thomas R. Ford and Gordon F. DeJong.
- Uzeir Becovic, Gajret u Pljevljima, Podgorica: Almanah: Sarajevo: Grafokomerc, 2007 (Sarajevo: Graficko Preduzece).--356 str: ilustr: 25 cm.--(Biblioteka Bastina Almanah, Podgorica). Kujovic, Dragana // Istorijski Zapisi;2008, Vol. 81 Issue 1-4, p325
As part of the commemorative issue â€œ60 years of the Historical Institute of Montenegro 1948-2008,â€ this article reviews Uzeir Becovicâ€™s history of Gajret, an organization devoted to assisting Muslim students in the Balkans, founded in Sarajevo in 1903, in the city of Pljevlja,...
- Svetislav Marinovic, Crnogorski dvoboj, Pobjeda, Podgorica, 2008. Scekic, Radenko // Istorijski Zapisi;2008, Vol. 81 Issue 1-4, p381
As part of the commemorative issue â€œ60 Years of the Historical Institute of Montenegro 1948-2008,â€ this article reviews Marinovicâ€™s survey of the practice of dueling in Montenegro, which needlessly dealt with the alleged heritage of Roman gladiators, when the custom only...
- The Struggle for Social Security 1900-1935 (Book). // Social Work;Apr69, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p109
Reviews the book "The Struggle for Social Security 1900-1935," by Roy Lubove.