Working Class Housing on Tyneside 1850-1939
- Towards The Co-operative Commonwealth: Essays In The History of Co-operation (Book Review). Wrigley, Chris // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Spring98, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p117
Reviews the book "Towards the Co-operative Commonwealth: Essays in the History of Co-operation," edited by Bill Lancaster and Paddy Maguire.
- Life and Labour in a Twentieth Century City. The experience of Coventry. // Labour History;Nov1987, Issue 53, p149
The article reviews the book "Life and Labour in a 20th Century City: The Experience of Coventry," edited by Bill Lancaster and Tony Mason.
- Radicalism, Co-operation and Socialism, Leicester Working-Class Politics 1860-1906. Colls, Robert // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Spring89, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p70
Reviews the book "Radicalism, Co-Operation and Socialism: Leicester Working-Class Politics: 1860-1906," by Bill Lancaster.
- Shorter Notices. Pfiling, Henry // English Historical Review;Jan1991, Vol. 106 Issue 418, p240
Reviews books on liberalism. 'Radicalism, Cooperation and Socialism: Leicester Working-Class Politics, 1860-1906,' by Bill Lancaster; 'The Dynamics of Working-Class Politics: The Labour Movement in Preston 1880-1940,' by Michael Savage.
- Lost in The Sahara. Gwynn-Jones, Terry // Aviation History;Jan2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p38
Relates how the discovery of Captain Bill Lancaster in the Sahara Desert was 29 years too late. Disappearance of Lancaster in 1933 while attempting to set an England-Cape Town speed record in an Avro Avian biplane; Discovery of the plane wreck and mummified remains on February 12, 1962;...
- Resources for Housing. Rosen, Kenneth // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);Nov77, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p694
The article reviews the book "Resources for Housing."
- The Genesis of Industrial Capital: A Study of the West Riding Wool Textile Industry/The Gregs of Quarry Bank Mill: The Rise and Decline of a Family Firm 1750-1914/Silk Town: Industry and Culture in Macclesfield. Martin, David // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Winter89, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p47
Reviews several books about the history of the manufacturing industry in Great Britain. "The Gregs of Quarry Bank Mill: The Rise and Decline of a Family Firm: 1750-1914," by Mary B. Rose; "Silk Town: Industry and Culture in Macclesfield: 1750-1835," by Gail Malmgreen; "The Tapestry Makers: Life...
- THE FUTURE OF RENTAL HOUSING (Book Review). Werczberger, Elia // Annals of Regional Science;Jul83, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p123
Reviews the book 'The Future of Rental Housing,' by George Sternlieb and James W. Hughes.
- URBAN HOUSES (Book). // Houses;2003, Issue 34, p110
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Urban Houses.'