Leaving England: Essays on British Emigration in the Nineteenth Century
- American Industry and the European Immigrant 1860-1885. Mann, Arthur // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Apr58, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p466
The article reviews the book "American Industry and the European Immigrant 1860-1885," by Charlotte Erickson.
- POOR COUSINS/INVISIBLE IMMIGRANTS/THE CHILDREN OF COLUMBUS. Weisberger, Bernard A. // American Heritage;Feb1973, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p100
The article reviews several books including "Poor Cousins," by Ande Manners, "Invisible Immigrants," by Charlotte Erickson, and "The Children of Columbus: An Informal History of the Italians in the New World," by Erik Amfitheatrof.
- KANDIDÃTI DALÅ Ã EXISTENCE (Z OSUDÅ® ÄŒESKÃ‰ NOVODOBÃ‰ EMIGRACE). Valášková, Nada // Cesky Lid: etnologicky casopis;2006, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p419
This article reviews Stanislaw Broucek's Kandidati dalsi existence (z osudu ceske novodobe emigrace) (Candidates for another existence: toward the desitinies of modern Czech emigration) (2004) which studied Czech emigrants after World War II to such places as Brazil and the USA.
- OPCIA. PROCES OPCIE A PRESÃDLENIA OBÄŒANOV ÄŒESKOSLOVENSKA DO ZSSR NA ZÃKLADE ÄŒESKOSLOVEN-SKO-SOVIETSKEJ DOHODY Z 10. JÃšLA 1946. Valášková, Nad'a // Cesky Lid: etnologicky casopis;2006, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p440
This article reviews Michal Smigel' and Stefan Krusko's Opcia (Option), published in 2005, which analyzes the process by which Czechoslovak citizens could choose to emigrate to the Soviet Union after World War II. Designed to redress unfair results of previous international events, the agreement...
- On Borders: Perspectives on International Migration in Southern Africa (Book). Mitchell, Daniel // International Journal of African Historical Studies;2002, Vol. 35 Issue 2/3, p558
Reviews the book 'On Borders: Perspectives on International Migration in Southern Africa,' edited by David A. McDonald.
- Immigration (Book). Ruberto, Laura E. // Journal of the West;Summer2002, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p98
Reviews the book 'Immigration: A Civil Rights Issue for the Americas,' edited by Susanne Jonas.
- British Industrialists: Steel and Hosiery, 1850-1950. Howton, F. William // Administrative Science Quarterly;Dec60, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p460
This article presents a review of the book "British Industrialists: Steel and Hosiery, 1850-1950," by Charlotte Erickson.
- Legacy of dictatorship: Works on the Chilean diaspora. Wright, Thomas C. // Latin American Research Review;1995, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p198
Reviews books on the Chilean diaspora. Includes `Exilio: Textos de Denuncia y Esperanza,' by Jorge Arrate; `Volver a Empezar,' by Maria Angelica Celedon and Luz Maria Opazo; `Clandestine in Chile: The Adventures of Miguel Littin,' by Gabriel Garcia Marquez; `Chileans in Exile: Private...
- POVÃLEÄŒNÃ REEMIGRACE A USIDLOVÃNÃ ZAHRA-NIÄŒNÃCH KRAJANŮ. Kaleta, Petr // Cesky Lid: etnologicky casopis;2003, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p310
This article reviews Jaroslav Vaculik's work on Czechs and Slovaks who emigrated before World War II and returned after the war was over, noting the severe problems they faced in assimilating into the mother country. Other Czechs and Slovaks who emigrated as early as the mid-19th century are...