Consumption and the World of Goods
- Book reviews. Cahill, Dennis J.; Zinkhan, George M. // Journal of Marketing;Apr94, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p131
The article presents a review of the book ""Consumption and the World of Goods," edited by John Brewer and Roy Porter.
- Rape (Book). Drysdale, Janet // Canadian Journal of Women & the Law;1989, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p644
Reviews the book "Rape," edited by Sylvana Tomaselli and Roy Porter.
- History of Psychiatry. Jerome, Laurence // Canadian Journal of Psychiatry;Jan2005, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p72
Reviews the book "The Confinement of the Insane: International Perspectives, 1800-1965," Roy Porter.
- Blood and Guts: A Short History of Medicine. Grob, Gerald N. // New England Journal of Medicine;5/1/2003, Vol. 348 Issue 18, p1823
Reviews the illustrated, non-fiction book, 'Blood and Guts: A Short History of Medicine,' by Roy Porter.
- A Social History of Madness. Mandel, Ellen D. // Journal of Psychiatry & Law;Winter2008, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p659
The article reviews the book "A Social History of Madness," by Roy Porter.
- Up From Hippocrates. Nuland, Sherwin B. // New Republic;2/17/2003, Vol. 228 Issue 6, p31
Reviews the book 'Blood and Guts: A Short History of Medicine,' by Roy Porter.
- Bodies Politic (Book). Brunton, Deborah // Social History of Medicine;Dec2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p514
Reviews the book 'Bodies Politic. Disease, Death and Doctors in Britain, 1650-1900,' by Roy Porter.
- The Greatest Benefit to Mankind: A Medical History of Humanity. FitzPatrick, Michael // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;7/17/2010, Vol. 341 Issue 7764, p153
The article reviews the book "The Greatest Benefit to Mankind: A Medical History of Humanity," by Roy Porter.
- Words of wisdom. Shapin, Steven // Nature;3/31/2005, Vol. 434 Issue 7033, p563
Reviews the book "Oxford Dictionary of Scientific Quotations," edited by W. F. Bynum and Roy Porter.