Manchester and its Ship Canal Movement: Class, Work and Politics in Late-Victorian England
- Tales of the city. // History Today;Oct94, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p49
Reviews several history on British history including `English Heritage Book of Norwich,' by Brian Ayers, `Survey of London, Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and the Isle of Dogs: The Parish of All Saints,' `Mill Hill--A History of Mill Hill in its Environment,' by Bernard Oak, and...
- The Friends of Liberty (Book Review). Gordon, David // Library Journal;8/1/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 14, p1560
Reviews the book 'The Friends of Liberty: The English Democratic Movement in the Age of the French Revolution,' by Albert Goodwin.
- SUEZ. // New Yorker;8/5/1967, Vol. 43 Issue 24, p82
Reviews the book "Suez," by Hugh Thomas.
- The Pencourt File (Book Review). Stohl, Michael S. // Library Journal;8/1/1978, Vol. 103 Issue 14, p1517
Reviews the book 'The Pencourt File,' by Barrie Penrose and Roger Courtiour.
- British Political Leaders (Book Review). Moore, Robert // Library Journal;9/15/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 15, p68
Reviews the book 'British Political Leaders: A Biographical Dictionary,' edited by Keith Laybourn.
- Revolutionary Empire (Book). Kaufman, Jay R. // Library Journal;6/1/1981, Vol. 106 Issue 11, p1218
Reviews the book 'Revolutionary Empire: The Rise of the English-Speaking Empires From the Fifteenth Century to the 1780s,' by Angus Calder.
- Northampton (Book Review). Jones, W.J. // American Historical Review;Dec83, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p1262
Reviews the book 'Northampton: Patronage and Policy at the Court of James I,' by Linda Levy Peck.
- Lord Liverpool (Book Review). Sack, James J. // American Historical Review;Oct85, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p930
Reviews the book 'Lord Liverpool: The Life and Political Career of Robert Banks Jenkinson, Second Earl of Liverpool, 1770-1828' by Norman Gash.
- By Colour of Law (Book). Shipley, Neal R. // Library Journal;8/1/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 14, p1642
Reviews the book 'By Colour of Law: Constitutional Politics in England 1660-89,' by Howard Nenner.