Uplifting tales of life in the emergency department
- The Night Shift: Real Life in the Heart of the E.R. De Groot, Joanne // Resource Links;Oct2011, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p62
The article reviews the book "The Night Shift: Real Life in the Heart of the E.R.," by Doctor Brian Goldman.
- The Secret Language of Doctors: Cracking the Code. Miksanek, Tony // Booklist;4/1/2015, Vol. 111 Issue 15, p10
No abstract available.
- Uncloaking the black art. Eggertson, Laura // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/5/2014, Vol. 186 Issue 11, p858
An essay is presented about Brian Goldman's book "The Secret Language of Doctors: Cracking the Code of Hospital Slang," which decodes the slang that medical professionals use to talk about patients and their colleagues. Topics discussed include Goldman's hope that readers will learn from his...
- HUMANITIES: PROFILE. Brian Goldman: Twin coats, twin arts. McDonald, David // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/7/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 12, pE589
The article features Brian Goldman, a radio program host for Canadian Broadcasting Corp. (CBC). It states that Goldman hosts the program "White Coat, Black Art," which explores the medical profession regarding issues such as burnout of medical personnel, medical Samaritans, and physician errors....
- Lock, stock, and barrel (Book Review). Fox, Korin // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/6/91, Vol. 303 Issue 6793, p66
Reviews the book 'Balancing Act: Essays to Honour Stephen Lock.'
- Physician's Handbook. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug74, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p280
Reviews the book 'Physician's Handbook,' edited by Marcus A. Krupp, Norman J. Sweet and Ernest Jawetz.
- Medical Men Abroad. Huth, Edward J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov72, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p819
Reviews the book 'Physician Travelers.'
- The Naked Physician: Poems About the Lives of Patients and Doctor (Book). // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;11/14/90, Vol. 264 Issue 18, p2454
Reviews the non-fiction book 'The Naked Physician: Poems About the Lives of Patients and Doctors,' edited by Ron Charach.
- Becoming a Physician (Book). // History of Science;Sep2002, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p370
Reviews the book 'Becoming a Physician,' by Thomas Neville Bonner.