- books, software & lit. // Snips;Jun2007, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p86
The article reviews several books and software related to the heating and ventilation industry, including the "Dynamic Fastener: 2007 Tool & Fastener Hand Guide" from Dynamic Fastener, the GeoCalc software for sizing geothermal heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems from...
- Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000). Pater, Walter // Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000);1/1/1910, p1
Presents the complete text of "Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000)" by Pater, Walter, 1839-1894.
- prepub alert. Hoffert, Barbara // Library Journal;5/15/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 9, p80
A list of books deemed notable by the magazine and scheduled for publication in 2008 is presented. Fiction stand-outs include "Takeover," by Lisa Black and "Deaf Sentence," by David Lodge. Among the nonfiction choices are "The Numerati," by Stephen Baker and "Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency,"...
- Bestsellers. // Christian Science Monitor;11/7/96, Vol. 88 Issue 241, p14
Presents the names of hardcover nonfiction books. `Making The Connection:...' by Bob Green and Oprah Winfrey, `American Tragedy' by Schiller and Willwerth, `Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus' by John Gray, `The Zone' by Barry Sears' and `The Dilbert Principle' by Scott Adams. INSET:...
- A checklist for choosing nonfiction trade books. Sudol, Peg; King, Caryn M. // Reading Teacher;Feb96, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p422
Describes a checklist for choosing nonfiction trade books. Use of trade books to teach language arts; Organization and layout of trade books.
- BOOKS RECEIVED. // America;8/17/1918, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p461
The article lists the books received by the publication including "Eight-Minute Sermons," by William Demony, "What Every Woman Knows," by James M. Barrie, and "Kipling, the Story-Writer," by Walter Morris Hart.
- 'THE FACE' OF AMERICA. // Entertainment Weekly;6/20/2003, Issue 715, p79
Presents a list of the top ten fiction and non-fiction books released in the U.S. as of June 20, 2003.
- BRITISH RAIL'S UNSETTLED VIADUCT. Aldous, Tony // History Today;Mar88, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p2
Reports on an offer received by British Rail from English Heritage for the repair of the Ribblehead Viaduct on the Settle-Carlisle Line in England. Plan of British Rail on the closure of the line; History of the Settle-Carlisle Line; Estimates on the cost of the repair.
- Books Received for Review. // Interfaces;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p395
The article lists books received by the magazine for review, including "Perspectives in Operations Research: Papers in Honor of Saul Gass' 80th Birthday," by Frank B. Alt, Michael C. Fu, and Bruce L. Golden, and "Differential Evolution: In Search of Solutions," by Vitaliy Feoktistov.