- A History of Arctic Exploration: Discovery, Adventure and Endurance at the Top of the World. Gardiner, Juliet // History Today;Feb2010, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p57
The article reviews the book "A History of Arctic Exploration: Discovery, Adventure and Endurance at the Top of the World," by Matti Lainema and Juha Nurminen.
- The coast of Australia. Kerr, Stuart // Geographical Education;2009, Vol. 22, p65
The article reviews the book "The Coast of Australia," by Andrew D. Short and Colin D. Woodroffe.
- Coasts: form, process and evolution. Parnell, Kevin // Geographical Education;2004, Vol. 17, p54
The article reviews the book "Coasts: Form, Process and Evolution," by Colin D. Woodroffe.
- THE HISTORY OF SEAFARING. JOHNSON, DAVID S.; INEN, JUHA NURM // Ausmarine;Sep2008, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p34
The article reviews the book "The History of Seafaring: Navigating the World's Oceans," by David S. Johnson and Juha Nurm Inen.
- Ultima Thule, Arctic Explorations. Lambert, Andrew // International Journal of Maritime History;Dec2005, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p422
The article reviews the book "Ultima Thule, Arctic Explorations," by Matti Lainema and Juha Nurminen.
- Coasts: Form, Processes and Evolution/Beaches and Coasts. Kelley, Joseph T. // Journal of Coastal Research;Jul2005, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p865
Reviews the books "Coasts: Form, Processes and Evolution," by Colin D. Woodroffe and "Beaches and Coasts," by Richard A. Davis Jr. and Duncan M. FitzGerald.
- The Map Makersâ€™ World: A Cultural History of the European World Map. Verma, Henrietta // Library Journal;2/1/2016, Vol. 141 Issue 2, p88
No abstract available.
- The Sailor's Word-Book. // Maritime Life & Traditions;Summer2005, Issue 27, p81
Reviews the book "The Sailor's Word-Book," by W. H. Smyth.
- ocean research. // Sea Technology;Oct2010, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p61
The article offers updates related to ocean research. It mentions researcher Colin D. Woodroffe and colleagues' reports that they discovered a relict coral reef in the southern Pacific Ocean. A research in the Mediterranean Sea reveals that mounting levels of carbon dioxide indicates bleak...