Quality and Safety in Pharmacy Practice
- CPOE improvement is saving grace of latest Hospital Safety Scores. // Health Management Technology;Feb2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p26
The article reports that the adoption of computerized physician order entry (CPOE) was the only standout area of improvement noted during the Fall 2013 update too the Leapfrog Group Hospital Safety Score that was released on October 23, 2013.
- The "exclamation mark" school of patient safety. Ellis, Oliver // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;9/8/2012, Vol. 345 Issue 7873, p51
The author discusses the concept of human factors in relation to patient safety in the field of medicine. The need for doctors and other medical professionals to pay attention to important information and notices rather than just ignore them as of no consequence is included. Some of the...
- Concept Analysis of Patient Safety. Kim Mi Ran // Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing;Feb2011, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p1
Purpose: This study was conducted to investigate the clear concept of patient safety and obtain theoretical evidences. Methods: Research was conducted using Walker & Avant's conceptual analysis process. Results: Patient safety was defined as an activity that minimizes and removes possible errors...
- New Ways to Beat an Old Problem. Grayson, Mary // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jun2013, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on the prevalence of patient falls in U.S. hospitals each year and discusses the costs that are associated with patient falls. A discussion of a U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Hospital Engagement Network project to prevent patient falls in hospitals is...
- NEWS FROM HRET... // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Sep2015, Vol. 89 Issue 9, p59
The section offers information on resources like the Hospitals in Pursuit of Excellence (HPOE) guides, "Improving Patient Safety Culture Through Teamwork and Communication: TeamSTEPPS," "Partnering to Improve Quality and Safety: A Framework for Working with Patient and Family Advisors," and the...
- THE VALUE OF CHECKLISTS. Tokede, Oluwabunmi; Ramoni, Rachel; Kalenderian, Elsbeth; Prakasam, Sivaraman // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Jul2014, Vol. 145 Issue 7, p696
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Designing a Safety Checklist for Dental Implant Placement: A Delphi Study" by Adam Christman and colleagues in the February 2014 issue.
- Patient Safety. Shuldham, Caroline // Nursing Management - UK;Oct2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p8
The article reviews the book "Patient Safety," by Charles Vincent.
- Focus on the Big Picture: Quality and Safety. Kear, Mavra // Florida Nurse;Jun2013, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p1
The article discusses some of the activities of the Florida Nurses Association (FNA). It explains that FNA has forged partnerships with Florida Taxwatch and the Associated Industries of Florida and that its lobbying team will work throughout the 2013 legislative session to protect nurses' rights...
- Nurses become quality, safety investigators. Carlton, Liz // Healthcare Risk Management;Aug2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p94
The article offers information on the Quality Safety Investigator (QSI) hospital program for nurses developed by registered nurse Liz Carlton and colleagues to improve quality and safe based patient care.