Pharmacy Management, Leadership, Marketing, and Finance
- THE GUIDE TO THE HANDLING OF PEOPLE: A SYSTEMS APPROACH. Blakely, Christine // British Journal of Occupational Therapy;May2011, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p259
The article reviews the book "The Guide to the Handling of People: A Systems Approach," 6th edition, edited by Jacqui Smith.
- New in print. // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p47
Presents several books about personnel management. `Personnel and the Line,' by Sue Hutchinson; `Negotiation and Change: Employee Relations in the Regulated Industries,' edited by Peter Boulting; `Self-Managed Teamworking,' by Graham Wilson.
- Newly published. Morgan, Les // People Management;01/22/98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p57
Features several books related to business and personnel management. Includes the book `Sex and race Discrimination Law,' by Daniel Peyton; `Using Presentations in Training and Development,' by Leslie Rae; Developing Managers Through Project-based Learning,' by Bryan Smith and Bob Dodds.
- Three steps to heaven. Blair, Alistair // Management Today;Aug1997, p71
Presents information on books on business management. `Letters to Shareholders,' by Warren Buffett; `One Up on Wall Street'; `The Intelligent Investor,' by Benjamin Graham.
- BOOKS REVIEWED ELSEWHERE. // Academy of Management Review;Jan1980, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p152
The article presents a list of books about management that have been reviewed in periodicals other than "Academy of Management Review," which include "Decision Support Systems: Current Practice and Continuing Challenges," by S. Alter, "Management Style of the Chief Accountant," by E. F. McKenna...
- Mastering management. // Secretary;Jun/Jul95, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p31
Reviews books on management for supervisors or managers. `The First-Time Supervisors,' by George Fuller; AMACOM's `The Successful Office Skills Series,' by Donald Weiss; `Twenty-Something: Managing & Motivating Today's New Work Force,' by Lawrence J. Bradford.
- Books. // Director;Feb1995, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p59
Reviews the books `Making Customer Satisfaction Happen,' by Roderick McNealy, `Benchmarking Customer Service,' by Glen Peters and `High Value, Low Cost,' by Brian Plowman.
- Newly published. // People Management;12/18/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p45
Reviews books about personnel management. `The Personnel Administration Handbook,' by John Forsaith and Nick Townsend; `Scenario Planning: Managing for the Future,' by Gill Ringland; `Handbook of Internal Communication,' edited by Eileen Scholes; `The Empowerment Pocketbook,' by Mike Applegarth...
- WHAT YOUR COMPETITORS ARE READING NOW. Schwartz, Gil // Fortune;1/10/1994, Vol. 129 Issue 1, p110
Recommends a number of books to help you manage better. List from Harry W. Schwartz Bookshops of Milwaukee (no relation) of the top ten best sellers; Stephen R. Covey's `The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People'; `Zapp! The Lightning of Empowerment,' by William C. Byham and Jeff Cox; Peter M....
- Timely guide to coping at work. Fothergill, Rick // Therapy Today;May2012, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p44
The article reviews the book "Overcoming your workplace stress: a CBT-based selfhelp guide," by Martin R. Bamber.