Gordon Wilson, SNP: The Turbulent Years, 1960-1990, Stirling: Scots Independent (Newspapers) Ltd, 2010. Pp. vi + 266. Paperback ISBN 9780951282076, Â£11.99
- The Scottish National Party: Transition to Power. Denver, David // Parliamentary Affairs;Jul2013, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p673
The article reviews the book "The Scottish National Party: Transition to Power" by James Mitchell, Lynne Bennie and Rob Johns.
- PFI-sceptical Scots must put delivery first. // Contract Journal;8/7/2002, Vol. 414 Issue 6389, p40
Comments on the willingness of the Scottish Executive to explore alternative procurement methods in exchange of private finance initiatives (PFI) if its not-for-profit system fails. Effect of the extreme pressure on the Executive, according to the Scottish National Party; Benefits delivered by...
- The SNP moving freely to the left. Harvie, C. // New Statesman & Society;9/27/91, Vol. 4 Issue 170, p38
Observes that the Scottish National Party (SNP) is moving freely to the left. Highlights of the recent SNP conference in Inverness; Key policies it will represent that reflect traditional Labour issues; Role played by new deputy leader Jim Sillars; Possible effect on the average Scottish elector.
- The battle of Govan. Milne, Kirsty // New Statesman;04/25/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4331, p19
Examines the prospects of the Scottish National Party (SNP) in the May 1997 elections in Great Britain. Higher rating for the SNP over the Tories; Claim that working-class Labour voters in Glasgow Govan, Scotland have twice turned to the SNP; Election prospects for SNP candidate Nicola Sturgeon...
- I will vote SNP because... // New Statesman;04/25/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4331, p32
Presents the comments by several `New Statesman' contributors on why they are voting for the Scottish National Party (SNP) in the May 1997 elections in Great Britain. Includes preference for a relationship with Europe; Arguments for a Scottish nation.
- Party seeks trams ballot. // Planning (14672073);6/18/2010, Issue 1873, p7
The article reports that the Scottish National Party plans to hold a public referendum to seek public support to continue the tram project in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- SNP Proposes 'Scottish Air Force'. // Aviation News;Jan2014, p5
The article reports that the Scottish National Party (SNP) has released a white paper titled "Scotland's Future: Your Guide to an independent Scotland" which calls for the creation of the Scottish Air Force should Scotland become an independent country.
- New insights into biometeorology. Gosling, Simon // International Journal of Biometeorology;Mar2014, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p101
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the guest editors discuss about the International Congress of Biometeorology (ICB) conference held in Tokyo, Japan in 2013 and the Scottish National Party (SNP) membership regarding it.
- SNP demands control over assets. // Farmers Weekly;10/28/2011, Vol. 156 Issue 18, p12
The article reports that the Scottish National Party (SNP) has renewed its demands for control over the Crown Estate and for the public assets it manages to be transferred to the Scottish Parliament.