Making It All Work: Winning at the Game of Work and the Business of Life
- MONEY VS. MEANING. Koury, Fred // Smart Business Philadelphia;Nov2011, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses the significance of working for a greater meaning to attain success rather than working only for money, thus gain nothing at all. It mentions that several steps are needed to create a business grounded on a higher goal including a common vision, cooperation toward that...
- First Things First. Davidson, Jeff // Personal Excellence Essentials;Jun2010, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p4
The article offers insights about priority setting. It is advisable to have no more than seven priorities since having too many implies that a person has not yet identified what is important in his/her life and work. Several ways for setting priorities are described, including writing what is...
- 12 ways TO A MORE balanced life. Moloney, Sally // Australian Table;Mar2005, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p130
Presents ways for balancing work and family life. Elimination of non-essential commitments; Prioritization of goals; Maintenance of a healthy lifestyle; Advantage of having a sense of humour.
- Make Resolutions You Can Keep. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business News New Jersey;01/21/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p18
Relates experience on the effectivity of making a commitment in reaching personal goals. Importance of setting up goals; Need to reassess failed attempts; Recognition of personal effort.
- Ready, Set, Goal! Karras, Tula // Parenting School Years;Jul2010, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p17
The article presents tips on how to reach one's goals, which includes overestimating obstacles, focusing on a series of small goals, and making commitments ahead of time.
- ASK IZZY. // Training Journal;Jun2009, p14
The article provides an answer to a question of getting a commitment to agreed actions in achieving stated objectives.
- Make the commitment, and then follow through. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal (Central New York);01/11/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p5
Provides for tips for achieving a commitment. Development of a passion or an anger about present situation; Need to write down exact plans; Importance of posting goals and achievements.
- COMMENTARY. Walther, Virginia // Advancing Social Work Practice in the Health Care Field: Emergin;Spring1983, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p142
The article comments on the congruence of administration and social work practice relationships. According to the author, an administrator faces multiple and legitimate commitments for which he or she is accountable and which must be meshed with the overriding concern for providing the best...
- Keeping the Promises You Make to Yourself. Durfee, Nina // Going Bonkers;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p73
The article discusses strategies to fulfill one's commitment to oneself. The reasons for wanting something are based on a person's feelings and core values. People can get what they want by learning to be still, and by being specific about what they want. Other ways of realizing a want or...