- BULLY HAYES. // Ausmarine;Aug2010, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p35
The article reviews the book "Bully Hayes: South Sea Pirate," by Basil Lubbock.
- INDIAN OCEAN CRUISING GUIDE. // Ausmarine;Aug2008, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p42
The article reviews the book "Indian Ocean Cruising Guide: A Yachtsman's Handbook for the Red Sea, Indian Ocean and Southeast Asia," by Rod Heikell.
- BOOKS. // Ausmarine;Nov2010, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p32
The article reviews several books including "The Miracle of the Kent: A Tale of Courage, Faith and Fire," by Nicholas Tracy, "The Colonial Clippers," by Basil Lubbock, and "Secrets of the South Coast," by Tommy Salmon and Shaun Whale.
- The Trade Wind Foodie. Childress, Lynda Morris // Cruising World;Nov2013, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p14
The article reviews the book "The Trade Wind Foodie,"by Rod and Lu Heikell.
- THE HARD WINNERS. // New Yorker;3/27/1965, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p182
The article reviews the book "The Hard Winners," by John Quirk.
- BOOKS. // Ausmarine;Sep2010, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p33
The article reviews several books including "Storms and Wild Water," by Dag Pike, "The Log of the "Cutty Sark," by Basil Lubbock, and "Cruel Conflict: The Triumph and Tragedy of HMAS Perth," by Kathryn Spurling.
- Still making a case. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;Feb97, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p15
Profiles John Quirk, oldest practicing attorney in Massachusetts. Reasons for continuing to practice law at age 83; Views on the changes in the legal practice; Plans for his future career.
- Books for middle readers: Nonfiction. Veeder, Mary Harris // Booklist;2/15/95, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p1078
Reviews the books `The China Clipper,' by Peter Guttmacher, and `Jeep,' by Peter Guttmacher.
- John Quirk. // Horse Sport;Jun2012, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p14
The article focuses on John Quirk, writer, journalist, publisher and horse breeder, who died on April 12, 2012 at the age of 92.