HUMANITIES: BOOKS. Progress and pain on the path of humanitarian medicine
- Globalization and Health: Pathways, evidence and policy. Wilson, Gail // Health Matters;Spring2010, Issue 79, p40
The article reviews the book "Globalization and Health: Pathways, Evidence and Policy," edited by Ronald LabontÃ©, Ted Schrecker, Corinne Packer, and Vivien Runnels.
- Concepts and Practice of Humanitarian Medicine. Takahashi, Paul Y. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Apr2008, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p508
The article reviews the book "Concepts and Practice of Humanitarian Medicine," edited by S. William A. Gunn and Michele Masellis.
- Fatal Indifference: The G8, Africa and Global Health. Ruger, Jennifer Prah // Journal of Public Health Policy;2005, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p377
Reviews the book "Fatal Indifference: The G8, Africa and Global Health," Ronald Labonte, Ted Schrecker, David Sanders and Wilma Meeus.
- Travelling Well: Essays in Medical Tourism. Moorehead, Paul // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/7/2014, Vol. 186 Issue 1, pE66
The article reviews the book "Travelling Well: Essays in Medical Tourism" edited by Ronald LabontÃ©, Vivien Runnels, Corinne Packer and Raywat Deonandan.
- How Politics Makes us Sick. Whittaker, Peter // New Internationalist;Jun2015, Issue 483, p36
No abstract available.
- APHA's general sessions to present wide range of speakers. // Nation's Health;Nov92, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p9
Reports that Ronald LaBonte, MA, a Canadian community health consultant will be the keynote speaker at the American Public Health Association (APHA)'s Opening General Session at the Annual Meeting. List of LaBonte's numerous books and monographs; Address by Joyce C. Lashof, MD; Rally in front...
- Health promotion in action: from local to global empowerment. Smith, James // Health Promotion Journal of Australia;Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p77
The article reviews the book "Health Promotion in Action: Local to Global Empowerment," by Ronald Labonte and Glenn Laverack.
- Critical Perspectives in Public Health. Petticrew, Mark // European Journal of Public Health;Apr2009, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p223
The article reviews the book "Critical Perspectives in Public Health," by Judith Green and Ronald LabontÃ©.
- Book Reviews. Looks, Jarmila // European Journal of International Law;1998, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p421
The article reviews the book "The Right to Reproductive Choice: A Study in International Law" by Corine A. A. Packer.