Be Prepared for New Fiduciary Standards
- Litmus Test. Clark, Bob // Financial Planning;Apr2004, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p35
Analyzes the issues concerning fiduciary responsibility, which the U.S. government plans to impose on financial planners, in 2004. Efforts of Don Trone, founder of the Center for Fiduciary Studies, to inform the financial services industry regarding fiduciary responsibility; Impact of not...
- You deserve a fiduciary standard of care. Marotta, David John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/20/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p9
In this article, the author offers information on the distinction between fee-only fiduciaries and commissioned-based agents and brokers in the U.S. It states that fee-only fiduciaries act as agents for investors, while the agent or broker is an employee. Don Trone, founder and executive...
- Strict Standard. // Research;Jul2011, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p38
The article offers a rigid standard on the 1928 case in the Court of Appeals in New York, the provision of a widely known description of the nature of fiduciary responsibility.
- Check Out These New Titles from NAIS. // Independent School;Winter2007, Vol. 66 Issue 2, Special section p3
This article reviews the books "The New Strategic Process: Strategy and Design for Independent Schools in 10 Steps," edited by Sarah Hardesty Bray and "Holding the Trust, An Independent School Trustee's Guide to Fiduciary Responsibilities," by David F. Ormstedt.
- Action steps for audit committee success. Moran, Sheila // Directors & Boards;2013 3rd Quarter, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p44
The article reviews the book "The Board of Directors and Audit Committee: Guide to Fiduciary Responsibilities," by Sheila Moran and Ronald Kral.
- Law Firm Probing Deal to Buy Hypercom. Sposito, Sean // American Banker;11/19/2010, Vol. 175 Issue F345, p9
The article mentions that Weiss & Lurie law firm is examining VeriFone Systems Inc.'s proposed purchase of Hypercom Corp. for possible violations of fiduciary duty by Hypercom's board of directors.
- Professional stewardship. Dunn, Ronald // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/13/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p11
In the article, the author discusses the fiduciary responsibilities of engineers and architects, particularly on their clients who pay the costs, as well as the public at large who gather, visit or work in each building that they designed or constructed.
- Labor Dept. Delaying Fiduciary Rule. // American Banker;9/20/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 145, p5
The article discusses why the U.S. Labor Department is delaying implementation of a rule that would subject to fiduciary responsibility investment advisers who advise individuals and employers on retirement plans.
- Who will make decisions and manage the business if you aren't able? Meyers, Susan Gell // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/18/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p7
In this article the author discusses the importance of naming a fiduciary who will make decisions for and manage one's business in case of incapacity or death.