AAOS Comprehensive Orthopaedic Review (Two-Volume Set and Study Guide)
- Bone Regeneration and Repair: Biology and Clinical Applications. Einhorn, Thomas A. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Feb2006, Vol. 88-A Issue 2, p469
The article reviews the book "Bone Regeneration and Repair: Biology and Clinical Applications," edited by Jay R. Lieberman and Gary E. Friedlaender.
- Physicians debate the importance of learning curve for hip resurfacing. Press, Robert // Orthopedics Today;Sep2009, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p8
The article offers information on a debate between two orthopedists, Jay R. Lieberman and Andrew Shimmin, about the importance of learning curve for hip resurfacing.
- Instructional Course Lectures (Book). Kane, William J. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Mar2001, Vol. 83-A Issue 3, p481
Reviews the book 'Instructional Course Lectures,' vol. 49, edited by Charles T. Price.
- Chapman's Orthopaedic Surgery (Book). Matthews, Larry S. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Sep2001, Vol. 83-A Issue 9, p1458
Reviews the book 'Chapman's Orthopaedic Surgery,' 3rd ed., vol. 1-4 and CD-ROM, edited by Michael W. Chapman.
- Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics (Book). Heckman, James D. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Jul2003, Vol. 85-A Issue 7, p1414
Reviews the book 'Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics,' 10th ed., edited by S. Terry Canale.
- Pearls and pitfalls on fixing hip fractures. Stanton, Terry // AAOS Now;May2010, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p10
The article focuses on the number of cases incidents for hip fractures. Doctor Kenneth J. Koval discusses in a presentation at the 2010 Specialty Day of the Hip Society that hip fractures are considered to have almost 1.6 billion in number by 2050. He cites that among all types of fractures in...
- Four factors critical in ensuring success of bone graft substitutes. Zabel, Karen // Orthopedics Today;Jun2008, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p68
The article presents information on the four critical factors in ensuring success of bone graft substitutes. According to Jay R. Lieberman of the New England Musculoskeletal Institute, no matter what type of bone repair situation an orthopedist is facing, he/she must assess the presence of...
- SCIP VTE Measures Changing in 2014. MCKEE, JENNIE // AAOS Now;Nov2013, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on the changes in the prophylaxis guidelines issued by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and the American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP) for venous thromboembolism. It states that under the Surgical Care Improvement Project (SCIP), aspirin will be listed...
- AAHKS Going Strong at 25. Stanton, Terry // AAOS Now;Nov2015, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p44
The article offers information on origin, services and programs of American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS) in the U.S. Topics discussed include formation proposals by hip surgeon Chitranjan S. Ranawat between the Knee Society and the Hip Society in 1993, views of AAHKS director Jay...