Asian American Stories and Literary Theory: A Reading of Chitra Divakaruni's "The Word Love."
- Emergence of the New Women in Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni's Arranged Marriage. Barman, Goutam // Indian Review of World Literature in English;Jan2015, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
A literary criticism of the book "Arranged Marriage" by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni is presented, with particular focus on the concept of the New Woman depicted in this work.
- Love and Longing in Kolkata. // India Today;6/17/2013, p5
The article reviews the book "Love and Longing in Kolkota," by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni.
- DIVAKARUNI'S THE BATS AND THE ULTRASOUND: ISSUES OF GENDER, IDENTITY, CULTURE AND POLITICS. Girase, Darbarsing D. // Golden Research Thoughts;Apr2014, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p1
Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni's Arranged Marriage (1995), a collection of eleven short stories, deals mostly with the lives of Indian or India-born American women. The present paper specifically takes for study two stories, The Bats and The Ultrasound to demonstrate how women characters in them are...
- Lives in Extremis. Shivani, Anis // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;5/14/2010, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p23
The article reviews the book "One Amazing Thing," by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni.
- Cross-cultural understanding spiced with the Indian diaspora. Softky, Elizabeth // Black Issues in Higher Education;09/18/97, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p26
Profiles Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni, an English and creative-writing instructor at Foothill College near San Jose, California. Mention on the novel `The Mistress of Spices' written by Divakaruni; Comments from Divakaruni; Background information on Divakaruni; Contributions made to Indian...
- Author Divakaruni Kicks off Houston Library Event. // News India Times;10/07/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 40, p12
The article reviews the book "One Book, One City: Gulf Coast Reads: On the Same Page," by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni.
- Reading Pleasures. // India Currents;Aug2013, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p38
The article reviews several book including "And the Mountains Echoed" by Khalid Hosseini, "How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia" by Mohsin Hamid and "Oleander Girl" by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni.
- On Hillcroft. DIVAKARUNI, CHITRA BANERJEE // Texas Monthly;Feb2013, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p98
The poem "On Hillcroft" by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. First Line: When driving down 59 after work you squint; Last Line: everything that's needed to feed the soul.
- Bengal Night. Divakaruni, Chitra Banerjee; Morrison, Taylor // Cricket;Dec98, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p44
Presents an Eastern mystical poem.