A life in letters
- The Art of Biography. Craig, Béatrice // Acadiensis;Summer/Autumn2011, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p146
The article reviews two biographies related to landlordism and the history of Prince Edward Island "Lady Landlords of Prince Edward Island," by Rusty Bittermann and Margaret McCallum, and "Sir Andrew Macphail: The Life and Legacy of a Canadian Man of Letters," by Ian Ross Robertson.
- Tomb raider. Duncker, Patricia // New Statesman;5/13/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4587, p51
Reviews the book 'Scanty Particulars: The life of Dr. James Barry,' by Rachel Holmes.
- Essays in Medical Biography. Ellis, Harold // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Jun2008, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p362
The article reviews the book "Essays in Medical Biography," by J. T. Hughes.
- On the Move. Olson, Ray // Booklist;5/1/2015, Vol. 111 Issue 17, p67
No abstract available.
- Gentle Vengeance (Book). Sutton, Judith // Library Journal;4/1/1981, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p788
Reviews the book 'Gentle Vengeance: An Account of the First Year at Harvard Medical School,' by Charles LeBaron.
- Vital Signs (Book). Chan, Betty W. // Library Journal;1/15/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p126
Reviews the book 'Vital Signs: A Young Doctor's Struggle With Cancer,' by Fitzhugh Mullan.
- Review: Turquet de Mayerne as Baroque Physician: The Art of Medical Portraiture (Clio Medica 65). SHACKELFORD, JOLE // Journal of the History of Medicine & Allied Sciences;Jan2005, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p105
The article reviews the book "Turquet de Mayerne as Baroque Physician: The Art of Medical Portraiture," by Brian Nance.
- Iconoclast: Abraham Flexner and a Life in Learning. Neville Bonner, Thomas // Journal of the History of Medicine & Allied Sciences;Apr2004, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p311
The article reviews the book "Iconoclast: Abraham Flexner and a Life in Learning," by Thomas Neville Bonner.
- Physician: The Life of Paul Beeson. Finch, Stuart C. // New England Journal of Medicine;12/20/2001, Vol. 345 Issue 25, p1858
The article reviews the book "Physician: The Life of Paul Beeson," by Richard Rapport.