The ANC and the Liberation Struggle: A Critical Political Biography
- Journal of African Elections (Book). Hartman, Christof // African Affairs;Apr2004, Vol. 103 Issue 411, p319
Reviews the book "Journal of African Elections."
- On the Postcolony, by Achille Mbembe. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, 2001. 274 pp. Â£29.95 hardback, Â£10.95 paperback. ISBN 0-520-20434-4 and 0-520-20435-2. Ellis, Stephen // African Affairs;Oct2001, Vol. 100 Issue 401, p670
The article reviews the book "On the Postcolony," by Achille Mbembe.
- Book reviews: Politics and international relations. Herbst, Jeffrey // African Studies Review;Apr95, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p159
Reviews books on politics and international relations in Africa. `Towards A Post-Apartheid Future? Political and Economic Relations in Southern Africa'; `Zimbabwe: Ten Years of Destabilization'; `Southern Africa After Apartheid: Regional Integration and External Resources'; `Southern Africa...
- BOOK REVIEW. Mutsvairo, Bruce // Journal of African Media Studies;May2011, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p293
CINEMA IN DEMOCRATIC SOUTH AFRICA: THE RACE FOR REPRESENTATION, LUCIA SAKS (2010) University of Indiana Press, Bloomington, 272 pp., ISBN-13: 978-0-253-22186-5, Paperback, $24.95 ISBN: 0-253-22186-2, Cloth, $65.00
- Politics in South Africa: From Mandela to Mbeki (Book). Myburgh, James // African Affairs;Apr2004, Vol. 103 Issue 411, p318
Reviews the book "Politics in South Africa: From Mandela to Mbeki," by Tom Lodge.
- The Precarious Balance: State and Society in Africa. Radu, Michael // Orbis;Summer88, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p488
The article reviews the book "The Precarious Balance: State and Society in Africa," edited by Donald Rothchild and Naomi Chazan.
- VIOLENCE, POLITICAL CULTURE AND DEVELOPMENT IN AFRICA. Ellis, Stephen // Africa Today;Summer2008, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p99
The article reviews the book "Violence, Political Culture and Development in Africa," edited by Preben Kaarsholm.
- Institutions and Ethnic Politics in Africa. Ambler, Charles // African Studies Review;Dec2006, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p162
The article reviews the book "Institutions and Ethnic Politics in Africa," by Daniel Posner.
- Traditional Cures for Modern Conflicts (Book Review). Ojo, Bamidele A. // African Studies Review;Dec2000, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p193
Reviews the book 'Traditional Cures for Modern Conflicts: African Conflict 'Medicine,' edited by I. William Zartman.