- Foresight disquiet as battle is upbeat. // Professional Engineering;04/08/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p13
Reports that British Science Minister John Battle launched the second stage of a program called Foresight, in March, 1998. Rejection of funding proposals for the programme; Views of spokesperson for Foresight.
- Battle admits lack of research cash. // Professional Engineering;01/28/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p5
Focuses on science minister John Battle, who addressed the House of Commons science and technology select committee, stating that university research needs more than extra $500 million a year. Statement made by Battle; Comments from the minister for education and employment, Baroness Blackstone.
- With new governments in power, changes in science policy are expected in France, and hoped for... Feder, Toni // Physics Today;Aug97 Part 1, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p50
Profiles Claude Allegre as France's appointed minister of national education research and technology and John Battle as Great Britain's minister of science, energy and industry. Allegre's educational background; Several honors received by Allegre; How Allegre was known as a man of energy and...
- Labour moves science up the political agenda. // Professional Engineering;05/14/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the appointment of John Battle as Britain's minister of state for science. Responsibilities and duties; Praises for the creation of the ministerial post.
- Lifeline for UK's National Mining Museum. // Coal International;Jan98, Vol. 246 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on British Science, Energy and Industry Minister John Battle's revelation of a plan by the government to save the Wakefield, England-based National Coal Mining Museum's underground section from flooding. Changes to be made in the current pumping arrangements in the shaft network and...
- Danish windpower sets example. // European Power News;Jul98, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p2
Reports on the potential of windpower to generate ten percent of electricty of Great Britain and the creation of jobs by the year 2010 according to a study by Greenpeace. Finding challenging Energy Minister John Battle to make a commitment to the development of the alternative form of energy;...
- Welcome boost for offshore wind power. // European Power News;Oct98, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p31
Focuses on the commendation for the development of offshore wind power facilities in Great Britain by Energy Minister John Battle. Optimism of wind power technology's development and potentials.
- Labour's science appointment lifts hopes for reform. Dickson, David // Nature;5/8/1997, Vol. 387 Issue 6629, p114
Discusses the implications of the British Labour government's appointment of John Battle to be the minister responsible for science within the Department of Trade and Industry. Battle's political leanings; The reaction of the scientific community; The possible changes in British science policy.
- Battle boost for green generators. // Professional Engineering;10/07/98, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p12
Reports that the Fifth Non Fossil Fuel Order will boost renewable energy production levels to power 1.4 million homes in the United Kingdom according to a confirmation from science minister John Battle. Amount of green electricity which will be generated by 261 planned landfill gas, energy from...