Workhouse Children: Infant and Child Paupers under the Worcestershire Poor Law (Book Review)
- Parents of Poor Children in England, 1580â€“1800, by Patricia Crawford. Tomkins, Alannah // English Historical Review;Feb2011, Vol. 126 Issue 518, p159
A review of the book "Parents of Poor Children in England 1580-1800," by Patricia Crawford is presented.
- Gwen. Latta, Ruth // CM: Canadian Review of Materials;3/19/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p6
The article reviews the book "Gwen," by Carolyn Pogue.
- Poor Kid (Book). Cohen, Jerome // Social Work;Jul67, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p126
Reviews the book "Poor Kids," by Alvin L. Schorr.
- Children of the Poor (Book). Farrell, James T. // New Republic;4/25/34, Vol. 78 Issue 1012, p316
Reviews the book "Children of the Poor," by Pat O'Mara.
- CHILDREN OF THE POOR AND STAGE ADVENTURES: EIGHT CLASSROOM PLAYS. Palmer, Kerryn // Australasian Drama Studies;Apr2016, Issue 68, p213
No abstract available.
- The Education of Poor and Minority Children (Book). Edmonds, Anthony O. // Library Journal;11/15/1981, Vol. 106 Issue 20, p2229
Reviews the book 'The Education of Poor and Minority Children: A World Bibliography,' compiled by Meyer Weinberg.
- The number of young American children living in poverty. Goodrich, Lawrence J.; MacLachlan, Suzanne L. // Christian Science Monitor;1/31/95, Vol. 87 Issue 45, p2
Briefs about the National Center for Children in Poverty's report stating a rise in number of American children living under poverty.
- Middle-class morality: Postures toward the poor. Grimes, Mary Loftin // National Forum;Summer96, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on the effect of poverty to the children in the United States. Need for a successful intervention program; Role of schools and other institutions in reversing the effect of poverty; Poor children as the shared responsibility of parents and the larger community.
- Poverty. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Sep1996, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p10
Looks at published reports on children from families living below the poverty line in Australia.