Instruments of Darkness: Witchcraft in England 1550-1750 (Book Review)
- Reviews: Short notices. Brown, Richard // Teaching History;Oct97, Issue 89, p50
Reviews the book `Instruments Of Darkness. Witchcraft In England 1550-1750,' by James Sharpe.
- Witches then and now. Arthur, Chris // Contemporary Review;Sep97, Vol. 271 Issue 1580, p158
Reviews the books `Instruments of Darkness: Witchcraft in England 1550-1750,' by James Sharpe, `The Witch in History: Early Modern and Twentieth Century Representations,' by Diane Purkiss.
- Reviews: British history. Brown, Richard // Teaching History;Jan97, Issue 86, p38
Reviews the book `Witchcraft in Early Modern Europe. Studies in Culture and Belief,' edited by J. Barry, M. Hester and G. Roberts, and `Instruments of Darkness. Witchcraft in England 1550-1750,' by James Sharpe.
- Hex and violence. Stanford, Peter // New Statesman;1/10/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4316, p46
Reviews the books `Instruments of Darkness: Witchcraft in England 1550-1750,' by James Sharpe and `A Delusion of Satan: The Full Story of the Salem Witch Trials,' by Frances Hill.
- English Witchcraft, 1560-1736. Leeson, Whitney A. M. // Sixteenth Century Journal;Spring2005, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p282
Reviews the book "English Witchcraft, 1560-1736," edited by James Sharpe and Richard Golden.
- The Bewitching of Anne Gunter, a Horrible and True story of Deception, Witchcraft, Murder, and the King of England. Kernan, Alvin // Ben Jonson Journal;2000, Vol. 7, p637
The article reviews the book "The Bewitching of Anne Gunter: A Horrible and True Story of Deception, Witchcraft, Murder and the King of England," by James Sharpe.
- Dick Turpin: The Myth of the English Highwayman (Book). // Contemporary Review;Aug2004, Vol. 285 Issue 1663, p127
Reviews the book "Dick Turpin: The Myth of the English Highwayman," by James Sharpe.
- Stand and deliver. Smith, Razor // New Statesman;2/23/2004, Vol. 133 Issue 4676, p53
Reviews the book "Dick Turpin: the myth of the English highwayman," by James Sharpe.
- NOCTURNAL WITCHCRAFT (Book). Reiss, Janna; Garrett, Lynn; Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;1/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p286
Reviews the book 'Nocturnal Witchcaft: Magick After Dark.'