Labor Movements and Dictatorships: The Southern Cone in Comparative Perspective
- Book reviews. Peritore, N. Patrick // Journal of Developing Areas;Summer97, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p582
Reviews the book `Labor Movements and Dictatorships: The Southern Cone in Comparative Perspective,' by Paul W. Drake.
- Reviews of books: Latin America and the Caribbean. Brennan, James P. // American Historical Review;Jun97, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p935
Reviews the book `Labor Movements and Dictatorships: The Southern Come in Comparative Perspective,' by Paul W. Drake.
- Changing Latin American Labor Relations Amidst Economic and Political Liberalization. Epstein, Edward C. // Latin American Research Review;2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p208
Reviews several books on labor relations in Latin America. `Labor Movements & Dictatorships: The Southern Cone in Comparative Perspective,' by Paul W. Drake; `State, Labor, Capital: Democratizing Class Relations in the Southern Cone,' by Paul G. Buchanan; `El Sindicalismo Mexicano Frente a La...
- Shop Talk. Fiefer, William Paul // Progressive;May86, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p46
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Revitalize the Labor Movement: Union Militancy Democracy and Workers' Control.'
- The Labor Movement in Wisconsin (Book Review). Zieger, Robert H. // American Historical Review;Dec85, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p1288
Reviews the book 'The Labor Movement in Wisconsin: A History,' by Robert W. Ozanne.
- DEMOCRACY IN LATIN AMERICA: A REVIEW OF RECENT LITERATURE. Hershberg, Eric // Canadian Journal of Latin American & Caribbean Studies (Canadian;2009, Vol. 34 Issue 68, p195
The article reviews several books on democracy in Latin America, including "The Construction of Democracy: Lessons From Practice and Research," edited by Jorge I. Dominguez and Anthony Jones, "Between Tyranny and Anarchy: A History of Democracy in Latin America, 1800-2006," by Paul W. Drake, and...
- Grade-Fixing Charges Hit Acclaimed School. Cech, Scott J. // Education Week;1/9/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p6
The article focuses on allegations of grade fixing at the Preuss School, a charter school at the University of California (UC), San Diego, in La Jolla. The school has successfully established itself in preparing disadvantaged students for college. Founding principal Doris Alvarez resigned on...
- Democracy in the Labor Movement. / Corruption and Racketeering in the Labor Movement. Barbash, Jack; Morris, James O. // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Jul59, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p646
The article reviews the two books on labor organizations which are the "Democracy in the Labor Movement," by Joel Seidman and "Corruption and Racketeering in the Labor Movement," by Philip Taft.
- Reigniting the Labor Movement: Restoring Means to Ends in a Democratic Labor Movement. Howell, Chris // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Oct2008, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p133
The article reviews the book "Reigniting the Labor Movement: Restoring Means to Ends in a Democratic Labor Movement," by Gerald Friedman.