Towards The Co-operative Commonwealth: Essays In The History of Co-operation (Book Review)
- ANDREWS MOTORS CELEBRATES WITH 'SAM'. // Irish Motor Management;2015 Conference Edition, p17
An image is presented of Society of the Irish Motor Industry's (SIMI) member Sam Maguire, his son Paddy Maguire and his mother Angela Maguire holding the Sam Maguire Cup.
- Working Class Housing on Tyneside 1850-1939. Rodger, Richard // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Spring95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p83
Reviews the book "Working Class Housing on Tyneside 1850-1939," edited by Bill Lancaster.
- Lost in The Sahara. Gwynn-Jones, Terry // Aviation History;Jan2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p38
Relates how the discovery of Captain Bill Lancaster in the Sahara Desert was 29 years too late. Disappearance of Lancaster in 1933 while attempting to set an England-Cape Town speed record in an Avro Avian biplane; Discovery of the plane wreck and mummified remains on February 12, 1962;...
- Life and Labour in a Twentieth Century City. The experience of Coventry. // Labour History;Nov1987, Issue 53, p149
The article reviews the book "Life and Labour in a 20th Century City: The Experience of Coventry," edited by Bill Lancaster and Tony Mason.
- Radicalism, Co-operation and Socialism, Leicester Working-Class Politics 1860-1906. Colls, Robert // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Spring89, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p70
Reviews the book "Radicalism, Co-Operation and Socialism: Leicester Working-Class Politics: 1860-1906," by Bill Lancaster.
- EDITORIAL. // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Nov87, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p2
The article focuses on the developments related to labor economics and history. In the course of over fifty conferences a wide range of subjects have been taken. The conference on "Thomas Paine and Popular Radicalism" was held at Sheffield on April 10-11. The conference, which was attended by...
- AGM, 30 November 1991. Belchem, John // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Spring92, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p5
The article reports that the annual general meeting was held after the morning session of the Society for the Study of Labour History's Autumn Conference at Congress House on November 30, 1991 in Great Britain. House. John Halstead chaired the proceedings in the absence of the Society's Chair...
- Shorter Notices. Pfiling, Henry // English Historical Review;Jan1991, Vol. 106 Issue 418, p240
Reviews books on liberalism. 'Radicalism, Cooperation and Socialism: Leicester Working-Class Politics, 1860-1906,' by Bill Lancaster; 'The Dynamics of Working-Class Politics: The Labour Movement in Preston 1880-1940,' by Michael Savage.
- The Genesis of Industrial Capital: A Study of the West Riding Wool Textile Industry/The Gregs of Quarry Bank Mill: The Rise and Decline of a Family Firm 1750-1914/Silk Town: Industry and Culture in Macclesfield. Martin, David // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Winter89, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p47
Reviews several books about the history of the manufacturing industry in Great Britain. "The Gregs of Quarry Bank Mill: The Rise and Decline of a Family Firm: 1750-1914," by Mary B. Rose; "Silk Town: Industry and Culture in Macclesfield: 1750-1835," by Gail Malmgreen; "The Tapestry Makers: Life...