Unwilling Idlers (Book Review)
- UNWILLING IDLERS: The Urban Unemployed and Their Families in Late Victorian Canada (Book). Zheng Wu // Journal of Comparative Family Studies;Winter2000, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p131
Reviews the book "Unwilling Idlers: The Urban Unemployed and Their Families in Late Victorian Canada," by Peter Baskerville and Eric W. Sager.
- BOOK REVIEWS. Crowley, Terry // Victorian Studies;Autumn2000, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p122
Reviews the book `Unwilling Idlers: The Urban Unemployed and Their Families in Late Victorian Canada,' by Peter Baskerville and Eric W. Sager.
- The Past Is Not Passe, the Struggles Never Over: Contemporary Lessons of Economic Problems,... Prince, Michael J. // Journal of Canadian Studies;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p280
Reviews books on Canadian social policy. Inclusion of 'Unwilling Idlers: The Urban Unemployed and Their Families in Victorian Canada,' by Peter Baskerville and Eric W. Sager; 'Planners and Politicians: Liberal Politics and Social Policy, 1957-1968,' by P.E. Bryden; 'The Vertical Mosaic...
- Booknotes. Raible, Chris // Beaver;Oct/Nov99, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p49
Reviews several books on Canadian history. `Unwilling Idlers: The Urban Unemployed and Their Families in Late Victorian Canada,' by Peter Baskerville and Eric W. Sager; `Spreading the Light: Work and Labour Reform in Late-Nineteenth Century Toronto,' by Christina Burr; `Enlisting Women for the...
- Unemployment Rate Las Vegas, Nevada. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2006 Book of Lists, p77
The article presents a graph showing the unemployment rate in Las Vegas, Nevada from 1980 to 2005.
- Let's get economic ball rolling in right direction. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;3/3/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p49
Focuses on the unemployment in the U.S. Decrease in the domestic manufacturing in February 2003; Impact of the threat of war to the economy; Report on the closing of three plans by Ethan Allen.
- Jobless Claims Drop 4,000 to 386,000. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31747, p2
Reports on the decrease of the applications for state unemployment benefits in the U.S. Level of initial claims; Rate of insured unemployment; Adjustment of unemployment rate.
- News in Brief: Jobless Claims Up 7,000 to 392,000. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31294, p2
Reports on the rise in first-time applications for state unemployment in the U.S. as of December 2001. Reasons for the rise; Number of applications received by the Labor Department during the week ended December 22, 2001.
- NEW YORK: Jobless Rate Falls. Patnaik, Priti // Bond Buyer;7/19/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33351, p9
The article reports on the drop of unemployment rate in New York to 8.2% in June 2010.