Making the American Team (Book Review)
- Reviews of Books: Canada and the United States. Kirsch, George B. // American Historical Review;Dec99, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p1686
Reviews the book `Making the American Team: Sport, Culture, and the Olympic Experience,' by Mark Dyreson.
- Chapter 1. The Understanding and Development of Learners' Domain-Specific Knowledge: Introduction. Placek, Judith H.; Griffin, Linda L. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p299
Focuses on the importance of studying children's knowledge for the primary basis on instruction. Advancement of the sport pedagogy research; Contribution of the physical education practice; Improvement of the decision making process.
- Missouri Legislature Gets Stadium Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31324, p5
Reports on the submission of the Sports Center Redevelopment Act to the Missouri legislature. Issuance of revenue bonds; Construction of baseball stadium and ballpark under the act; Penalties included in the act.
- Anticipation. Jenkins, Mark // Atlantic (02769077);Jan93, Vol. 271 Issue 1, p111
Examines the sport of racquets and discusses an upcoming match between U.S. Open champion Neil Smith and world champion James Male in the World Racquets Challenge. Few active racquets courts in North America; Speed of the game; Equipment in racquets; The Queen's Club in England; Male's quitting...
- SPORTS. // Advocate;5/13/86, Issue 446, Special Section p80
Reports on sports-related developments that are of interest to gay and lesbian organizations in San Diego, California, as of May 12, 1986.
- SPORTS. // Advocate;5/13/86, Issue 446, Special Sections p80
Reports on sports-related developments that are of interest to gay and lesbian organizations in San Diego, California, as of May 13, 1986.
- SPORTS. // Advocate;5/13/86, Issue 446, Special Section p81
Reports on sports-releated developments that are of interest to gay and lesbian organizations in San Francisco, California, as of May 13, 1986.
- X Games highlights. // BMX Plus;Oct98, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p53
Presents information on the 1998 X Games which were held in San Diego, California. Details on participants at the games; Who won the most medals at the games; Number of persons who attended the games. INSET: Results.
- Safety. Csatari, J. // Boys' Life;Jan1991, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p6
Covers several areas concerning children's safety while participating in sports. The use of a mouthguard; Youth programs that are switching to softer baseballs; The importance of using a sunblock when skiing.